Best beach on a budget

Gctw

I'm traveling with two teens on the Royal. It's my son's 16th birthday that day so I'd like someplace fun for him.

I'm considering Darkwood Beach for the obstacle course, water thing. They'd both enjoy that. But we are on a budget and looking for suggestions.

Our wishlist:

Snorkeling

Beach chairs

Free wifi

Snacks & Refreshments (mom might even like an alcoholic drink [emoji15][emoji12])

Locker rentals

Budget friendly

Easy to get to

It's entirely possible that Darkwood has all of these things but my search hasn't come up with all the answers.

Hit me with your best suggestions please and thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Gctw

• 2 months later...
I'm traveling with two teens on the Royal. It's my son's 16th birthday that day so I'd like someplace fun for him.

I'm considering Darkwood Beach for the obstacle course, water thing. They'd both enjoy that. But we are on a budget and looking for suggestions.

Our wishlist:

Snorkeling

Beach chairs

Free wifi

Snacks & Refreshments (mom might even like an alcoholic drink [emoji15][emoji12])

Locker rentals

Budget friendly

Easy to get to

It's entirely possible that Darkwood has all of these things but my search hasn't come up with all the answers.

Hit me with your best suggestions please and thank you!

To assist other CC members with suggestions, could you post the figure do you have in mind as your maximum budget for your whole party?

By knowing this, they can assess if, and how, your budget is achievable, or suggest that you just stay on the ship.

We just went to Antigua a week ago. The cheapest beach to reach is Dickenson Bay at $16 each way. Jolly Beach I think was $24 each way. We stopped by a few more but preferred these 2. We spent most of the day at Jolly Beach. Beach chairs are 2 for $20. Young guys come by all day offering 2 seater jet ski rentals at 30 Min for $50. Paddle boards were also available for rent. No one really snorkeled. There's a restaurant on the beach that had great food, not cheap though unless you split entrees. I didn't see lockers. You could wear a waterproof pouch for your valuables and leaves the basics in a bag on the lounge chairs. Dickenson Bay had similar rental options and several restaurants. I didn't see any lockers. Wherever you go, make sure you establish the taxi rate before you depart. You won't need to pay until the taxi driver picks you up at the end and returns you to the cruise port.

Edited by cruisequeen4ever

We just went to Antigua a week ago. The cheapest beach to reach is Dickenson Bay at $16 each way. Jolly Beach I think was $24 each way. We stopped by a few more but preferred these 2. We spent most of the day at Jolly Beach. Beach chairs are 2 for $20. Young guys come by all day offering 2 seater jet ski rentals at 30 Min for $50. Paddle boards were also available for rent. No one really snorkeled. There's a restaurant on the beach that had great food, not cheap though unless you split entrees. I didn't see lockers. You could wear a waterproof pouch for your valuables and leaves the basics in a bag on the lounge chairs. Dickenson Bay had similar rental options and several restaurants. I didn't see any lockers. Wherever you go, make sure you establish the taxi rate before you depart. You won't need to pay until the taxi driver picks you up at the end and returns you to the cruise port.

Is that per person or for the whole taxi?

• 2 weeks later...

We sailed on RCL Adventure of the Seas last week and last Wednesday our port stop was Antigua.

We opted to go to Dickensen Beach ( had been there previously).

Clean calm water, nice beach.

Taxi for two people was $12 each way + tip (if you so desire)

Rented two beach chairs + umbrella from Tony's beachfront for a total of $22.

Whatever you chose to do, please enjoy.