Short Port Time at Cartagena

ThumbelinaSabo

Have been to Cartagena once before and took a private taxi into the old town and had a good walk around (2 couples) but we had all day to do this. My question is: Do you think there is enough time to do the personal taxi ride in, walk around, take a ride back for the 12:00 return time? Ship leaves at 1:00 pm

Any recommendations on taking a taxi (without a tour) from the cruise ship terminal at the port?

On our recent Sunfarer cruise on the Zuiderdam, HAL had a shore ex that was only available for sale on board. It was "Cartegena on your own" - a bus into town, passed the fort for a quick photo stop, then we were dropped at the park to explore the Old City on our own. I think we had about 2-3 hours; I'd have preferred more time but it worked out okay. $39 I think

Our time in port was short too.

It's kind of beneficial considering how hot it gets.

We booked a private tour with Marlevy Pena as some of the sights need transportation and we were very pleased.

We had time at the end to still do "our own thing"

You have "been there and done that" but if your time has been restricted to just the old area, you might want to look at what else there is to see in the town. It's absolutely amazing ;)