Pre/post cruise hotel recommendations in Boston

NatalieAnne

Hi.

We are arriving in Boston via Boston Logan on Aug 3. Looking for a hotel that night near cruise port.

Also looking for hotel recommendations after cruise (night of Aug 11). Doesn't need to be near cruise port, maybe near main attractions, easy access to airport.

Price is not so much of an issue, but also not looking to overpay (I'm already aware Boston is pricey).

Also would love recommendations on restaurants/attractions. First time visiting Boston.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hotwire can be your friend for these dates.

Aug 3 - 4* Seaport area hotel for $218 plus taxes and fees - best guess the Westin

3* Seaport area hotel for $200 plus taxes and fees - best guess the Aloft

4* Back Bay/Copley - $110 plus taxes and fees - best guess the Sheraton

Aug 11 - Many choices

How many nights post cruise? What are you interested in doing in Boston?

Being close to the airport or cruiseport is not that important - a few dollars difference in cab fare. The $110 Back Bay hotel on Aug 3 is an absolute steal.

Edited by 138east

We just booked for our 11/3 repo on Hotwire . We were able to get the Aloft (3 - 4 star dependent on travel site ) for $148 which included the price of travel insurance and taxes. In the pat we've done 4* but prices have gone up enough that we went with 3*(Hotwire). Taking some guess prior to booking , I'm guessing the property is like a Courtyard . Convenient to the pier and a 1 night stay pre-cruise.

Hotwire can be your friend for these dates.

Aug 3 - 4* Seaport area hotel for $218 plus taxes and fees - best guess the Westin

3* Seaport area hotel for $200 plus taxes and fees - best guess the Aloft

4* Back Bay/Copley - $110 plus taxes and fees - best guess the Sheraton

Aug 11 - Many choices

How many nights post cruise? What are you interested in doing in Boston?

Being close to the airport or cruiseport is not that important - a few dollars difference in cab fare. The $110 Back Bay hotel on Aug 3 is an absolute steal.

Just one night post cruise!

I suspected Hotwire would be my best choice. I just don't always enjoy the gamble!

We just booked for our 11/3 repo on Hotwire . We were able to get the Aloft (3 - 4 star dependent on travel site ) for $148 which included the price of travel insurance and taxes. In the pat we've done 4* but prices have gone up enough that we went with 3*(Hotwire). Taking some guess prior to booking , I'm guessing the property is like a Courtyard . Convenient to the pier and a 1 night stay pre-cruise.

Good to know, thanks!

Just one night post cruise!

I suspected Hotwire would be my best choice. I just don't always enjoy the gamble!

IMO Boston is much less of a gamble than many other cities. All the hotels in the seaport/Convention Center area are relatively new properties. The Seaport hotel is the oldest at 19 years. The Westin is about 10 years old. Aloft and Element opened in 2016.

For Back Bay any 3.5* and up property is going to be very nice. I'm not so keen on the Downtown/Theater District area. The Financial District is OK, but there's not a lot going on at night.

Some of the hotels like the Sheraton and the Westin Waterfront are on Hotwire all the time for certain dates. I have personally gotten them each once. My husband explored the Theater District hotels as "snow" hotels and wasn't too keen on any of them.

IMO Boston is much less of a gamble than many other cities. All the hotels in the seaport/Convention Center area are relatively new properties. The Seaport hotel is the oldest at 19 years. The Westin is about 10 years old. Aloft and Element opened in 2016.

For Back Bay any 3.5* and up property is going to be very nice. I'm not so keen on the Downtown/Theater District area. The Financial District is OK, but there's not a lot going on at night.

Some of the hotels like the Sheraton and the Westin Waterfront are on Hotwire all the time for certain dates. I have personally gotten them each once. My husband explored the Theater District hotels as "snow" hotels and wasn't too keen on any of them.

Thank you so much for the advice. Looked up Aloft, looks awesome! Sheraton in Back Bay is nice too, especially at the Hotwire price.

Sent from my iPad using Forums