Orient Beach bar recommendation

MrSchwump

Going to Orient Beach for the day in Feb. Which bar would you recommend as a good deal for chair/umbrella rentals, good prices on drinks, etc? In the past we've just gotten dropped wherever the driver chose. One place was really reasonable and others have been more expensive.

Our favorite, both before and after the Orient reconstruction, remains Orange Fever.

Wonderful food, decent service, and it starts with a chair, umbrella, free drink and bathroom access for $8. They may or may not have WiFi.

gary

Our favorite, both before and after the Orient reconstruction, remains Orange Fever.

Wonderful food, decent service, and it starts with a chair, umbrella, free drink and bathroom access for $8. They may or may not have WiFi.

gary

Gary, we're taking Bernard's Tour #2 that includes some time at Orient Beach (90-120 minutes). Do you recommend we go to Orange Fever with that time frame? If you do, where exactly will we find it? :)

Canadarocks,

Absolutely.

Bernard's busses usually drop at Pedro's parking area, so facing the water from there, walk to your left (away from Club Orient) for less than five minutes.

Are you visiting on the Rotterdam on January 5th?

I'll let Bernard know and ask him to take extra special care of you. :)

gary

Canadarocks,

Absolutely.

Bernard's busses usually drop at Pedro's parking area, so facing the water from there, walk to your left (away from Club Orient) for less than five minutes.

Are you visiting on the Rotterdam on January 5th?

I'll let Bernard know and ask him to take extra special care of you. :)

gary

Thanks for the directions Gary! We'll be there on the Nieuw Amsterdam on Saturday January 14th. Tell Bernard that Bob & Cindy are looking forward to our 2nd tour with him! :D

Oh my, I totally forgot about that. And now I can't get any of your pictures or your virtual walk to open. Care to re-share? :)

Yes, Google broke the links several years ago when they de-commissioned PicassaWeb. :(

If you go to my Orient PhotoBucket album you can cycle through a lot of photos of the new restaurants (after they demolished and rebuilt many of the beach's bars and restaurants). Not as organized as they were on the Virtual Walk, but you'll get the idea.

Start here:

th_DSCN2931.jpg

(click)

gary

gary

Hi Gary,

What is the best way to get to Orange Fever from the port?

Thank you, Nicole

Kakao is a good bar/restaurant. About $25 for 2 chairs and 1 umbrella. Never have eaten at Orange Fever but Kakao has very good food and facilities. Down a little from OF

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Are there taxis to be found after you get to Kakao to take you back to the port ?

We sailed last week on RCL Adventure of the seas and our Friday port of call was St. Martin.

We opted to go to Orient Beach ( had been there previously).

We used Bikini Beach club ( there are many similar facilities all along the beach)

It was $25 for two sun beds plus umbrella.

Shared group taxi if I remember correctly was $7 pp each way.

As you exit security at cruise port, walk through the first street and there were taxi dispatchers assembling groups at the square.

For our return, there was a taxi waiting pulling a group together right outside Bikini Beach.

Just be aware however, last Friday when we were at Orient Beach, it was very very windy with rough (unswimable) surf.

People said it has been like that for the last two weeks or so.

Whatever you chose to do in St. Martin,, please enjoy.

• 2 weeks later...