Best place for watches? St Thomas, St Kitts, Curaco

cokecolect

All authorized dealers have to adhere to prices set by manufacturers so very little price differences though some may throw in extras as a bonus. Since many styles are limited production it may boil down to who has what you want instead of price.

If you're looking for unauthorized dealers with cheaper pricing, Curacao or Aruba may have an advantage.

For high-priced items I would buy it at home, because I want the support of the retailer if there's a problem. After buying a camera on a ship that had problems, and being told I caused that problem despite the shutter not working out of the box, I will never again buy anything important on a cruise ship.

For watches such as Fossil, I think Macy's is the best place to go--plus they have coupons.

For a Tissot or the like, then I'll be heading to the authorized retailer locally. Its not worth saving fifty bucks.

Diamonds for me will only be purchased locally because I am pretty certain to get what I purchase.

fwiw.

I wanted to replace a TAG/Heuer that had been stolen. I priced them at home so I'd have a frame of reference. I found the prices in St Thomas, Cayman, and Aruba to be no more than $50 cheaper. Not worth it for a $1000 watch.