Big French Key vs Little French Key

woodmews

I went to Little French Key a few years ago and it was the BEST excursion I have ever done. I will be travelling alone and am a bit nervous about going again because of unrest there.

What are the differences and should I be scared? I have booked a NCL excursion to Big French Key but also have reservations at Little French Key. Will I enjoy Big French Key as Much???

PLEASE HELP!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
You should consider the Tabayana Beach Break excursion. I think you will enjoy it even more.

Could you tell me what Tabayana Beach is close to. Is it west end or west bay. We just got back from Roatan a few weeks ago and went to Bananarama and there were so many boats docked on the beach the water was all stired up. Looking for a better beach. I love Half Moon Bay for snorkeling but it doesn't have a beach for others that are traveling with us. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Sandra

Could you tell me what Tabayana Beach is close to. Is it west end or west bay. We just got back from Roatan a few weeks ago and went to Bananarama and there were so many boats docked on the beach the water was all stired up. Looking for a better beach. I love Half Moon Bay for snorkeling but it doesn't have a beach for others that are traveling with us. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Sandra

Tabyana is part of West Bay Beach, as is Bananarama. It is located just past Infinity Bay Resort (the L Shaped pier), it is not only boat free but the reef comes steps from the shore.

This thread has everything (including maps) you ever wanted to know about snorkeling West Bay.

On a related note, Half Moon Bay has heaps of beach, how ever Half Moon Bay Resorts does not. There are several places along Half Moon Bay beach offering loungers.

Tabyana is part of West Bay Beach, as is Bananarama. It is located just past Infinity Bay Resort (the L Shaped pier), it is not only boat free but the reef comes steps from the shore.

This thread has everything (including maps) you ever wanted to know about snorkeling West Bay.

On a related note, Half Moon Bay has heaps of beach, how ever Half Moon Bay Resorts does not. There are several places along Half Moon Bay beach offering loungers.

Thanks for the reply and some good info. I will be checking out the link. I'm a little confused on West Bay Beach and West Bay Resort though. The one I have been to several times has no beach but a nice restaurant/bar at the waters edge and steps or maybe a ladder into the water with reefs up close and some pretty good snorkeling. I really like this place but friends want sand and a beach. So Infinity is my second choice. Thanks again for a quick reply. We leave in a few weeks.

Thanks for the reply and some good info. I will be checking out the link. I'm a little confused on West Bay Beach and West Bay Resort though. The one I have been to several times has no beach but a nice restaurant/bar at the waters edge and steps or maybe a ladder into the water with reefs up close and some pretty good snorkeling. I really like this place but friends want sand and a beach. So Infinity is my second choice. Thanks again for a quick reply. We leave in a few weeks.

The Resort without the beach you like is Half Moon Bay Resort, in is on Half Moon Bay which indeed does have a beach just not where the resort is. The resort itself does not have sand frontage but most of Half Moon Bay does. Half Moon Bay is in the village of West End. I was trying to find a good pic but sadly I am having trouble with the link.

Infinity is a good choice, it is on West Bay Beach, shares a property line with Tabyana where the close in, boat free, reef snorkeling is.

West Bay Beach is the name of the beach itself, a beautiful white sand beach perhaps a mile long with with nice coral reefs out just beyond the white sand where people can swim. Bananarama is right in the middle of West Bay Beach, a kind of busy spot with boats and jet skis and stuff. I've gone there a couple of times but ended up walking down the beach toward Tabyana to snorkel.

West Bay Resort is a lodging establishment with a nice restaurant called Celeste's where you can now get a nice lobster lunch for $20. Also have spa services. They are set a ways back from the beach along the road coming in and do not have beach access.

Tabyana is the name of a nice day use area that is used for cruise ship excursions, called "Tabyana Beach Break" It is right next to Infinity Bay Resort, which is a hotel that I think may sell day passes. The best beach and snorkeling is right there in front of Tabyana (and Infinity Bay). Tabyana is a nice area with clean restrooms, loungers, live music, food and drink, plenty of palm tree shade, and a fresh water shower to get the salt off when you are done.

Tabyana has the white sand beaches and much better snorkeling than you'll find at Half Moon Bay. The water is usually crystal clear and calm, but if a north wind has blown in it can be cloudy and choppy. But the same applies to most beaches. Look it up on Goggle and you will find some pictures. Their food is good and lunch is sometimes included in ship excursions, but there are also lots of other options up the beach. It is a real bargain at (usually) $39 including transportation.

We are visiting next Wednesday on Breeze and are going to Tabyana, but are planning on walking off the reservation and having lobster lunch at Celeste's.

The only advantage I could see to getting a day pass to Infinity Bay Resort is access to the pool, if that was important.

Edited by James in SA