Getin' away from cold Canada via the awesome Getaway to the Caribbean!!

funCruise3

This was our third cruise in which this was our first time on a MEGA SHIP!!! Wowza! Our family of three hence the CC name Funcruise3 had a few hiccups at the beginning of the cruise, some disappointments, and went on throughout the 6 days enjoying our vacation!

My review will include our flight from Ottawa details and the return flight, both had stopovers is Toronto; our awesome 2 night pre-cruise in hot Miami, the cruise shuttle versus taxi commute to POM and pictures, pics, and opinions from a parent viewpoint as well as my pre-teen's. Hope everyone enjoys reading and for people contemplating going on a cruise vacation on NCL freestyle and its many benefits, because "I'm free to do what I want, anytime, do do do Doo!" per NCL's ambassador the great Pitbull!!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

What is the date of your cruise?

I will be on The Getaway from the 29th of January until the 5th of February.

Where I live in the Pacific Northwest of the United States, we are having the worst since sine 149-1950. Over a foot of snow on the ground with ice under it six weeks now and an ice storm heading this way as I type. Record cold temperatures for both the lows and the highs.

Can not wait to get warm on The Getaway.

This was our third cruise in which this was our first time on a MEGA SHIP!!! Wowza! Our family of three hence the CC name Funcruise3 had a few hiccups at the beginning of the cruise, some disappointments, and went on throughout the 6 days enjoying our vacation!

My review will include our flight from Ottawa details and the return flight, both had stopovers is Toronto; our awesome 2 night pre-cruise in hot Miami, the cruise shuttle versus taxi commute to POM and pictures, pics, and opinions from a parent viewpoint as well as my pre-teen's. Hope everyone enjoys reading and for people contemplating going on a cruise vacation on NCL freestyle and its many benefits, because "I'm free to do what I want, anytime, do do do Doo!" per NCL's ambassador the great Pitbull!!!

Thanks so much! Can't wait to see the pictures and read more! Sailing next month and leaving freezing New York behind!

Looking forward to your review. We depart Feb. 26th and are coming from Winterpeg in Manitoba!!

We are sailing the same day. Come over to our roll call and say hi!

Happy planning!

I have chosen to use water as the theme of my review.

The start of our trip: freezing, ice cold eastern Canadian winter in Ottawa => magically transformed into 80 degrees Fahrenheit via Air Canada (AC)flight through Toronto not recommended.why you ask? The itinerary to Miami in retrospect was much better as our luggage was inspected by Customs in TO while we waited almost an hour in AC designated waiting room. It was a long time waiting, and after being notified via the large screen by our initials, we were allowed to go through security while our baggage was moved to our connecting flight (already went through security in Ottawa) to wait for our flight to Miami! The good news is our flight was on time and before we knew it, we were in the MIA airport collecting our bags! Yeah! As we were hungry since we last ate at 7amish and it was now 3 pmish, we searched, via Miami airport map to find a Chili's Too for a quick lunch and drink before calling Springhill Hotel Medical Centre shuttle. Like smooth calm waters, we checked into the hotel, relaxed and thanked God we made it safely! We had two days pre-cruise with no activities booked with the beautiful Miami sunshine!! Wow, it was a nice feeling to escape the cold winter!!🛫🌅

Our cruise left Miami Jan 2 2016 for 6 days

What is the date of your cruise?

I will be on The Getaway from the 29th of January until the 5th of February.

Where I live in the Pacific Northwest of the United States, we are having the worst since sine 149-1950. Over a foot of snow on the ground with ice under it six weeks now and an ice storm heading this way as I type. Record cold temperatures for both the lows and the highs.

Can not wait to get warm on The Getaway.

I am suffering from an awful cold virus now after returning, in retrospect, is all worth it when I start to feel better! Thinking of warm warm Caribbean water right now! 🤕

a0e23b8ab9494d88ce74950afbba36f7.jpg

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

When we arrived at the Miami hotel, it was time for chillaxin' by the pool! It was lovely, a bit small, quiet, except for the planes flying overhead. To me, being by water is always nice!

Afterwards we walked to the nearest grocery store to buy a few bottles of wine for the cruise, snacks and food for a small supper since we had a large lunch at Chili's in the Miami airport. We used the microwave in our hotel room for supper which worked out really well for us. We started planning our next full day in Miami by the water = where else but.... MIAMI BEACH ON NEW YEAR'S DAY!!!!

a0e23b8ab9494d88ce74950afbba36f7.jpg

• 1 year later...

Wow, it's been a long time since the Getaway cruise! Our family really enjoyed this cruise and we have subsequently been on the Escape. In my humble opinion, I really enjoyed the awesome service on the Getaway, not so much the itinerary, totally loved the Copacabana MDR and various live music, loved the a la carte sushi bar, liked the glow party for a short bit (music too loud), was sea sick for a fraction of a minute but ginger capsules saved the day. I find taking the stairs alot settles my queezy stomach, too.I will try to post my favorite pics while on the Getaway at a later time.

Overall, we're hooked on going on cruises, so whole heartedly recommend it!!!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk