Priceline name your price

Bigdog2003

Does anyone have any experience with the name your price for a rental car on Priceline? Was thinking about trying it for an up coming cruise out of Galveston. Thought that I may be able to rent a car a little cheaper than what I am able to find right now.

I have used Priceline to rent cars, a number of times. You put in what you want to pay and then wait to see if it is accepted. Maybe try going like $10 a day lower than the posted price. If you get rejected, then you have to wait a couple of days before you can do another bid. When your bid is accepted, you have to pay then and there, and also have a credit card on file. The rental agency does try to upsell you when you pick up your car. You probably should bring a copy of your proof of insurance when picking up the car (they might ask for it)

Good luck.

I stay away from sites that won't tell u who your renting from until after you have paid, reason is I only like to rent from the major brands. I don't want to be stuck renting from SIXT, ACE or FOX or any non major brand too many horror stories out their and I'm one of them. Lucky for us I had made a "back up" reservation at Avis and it worked out in the end

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have used Priceline for one-way rentals where you pick up from one city and drop it off at another. Keep in mind that once your bid is accepted, the rental is non-refundable and non-changeable. Priceline has always worked out for me. They also charge additional fees for their bid prices so be aware of them. You will see the total price including fees before you submit your bid so you will know the total price.

This feature is great and can work in your favor. Priceline has offered one-way rentals for a long time.

I have never had a rental thru Priceline from SIXT, ACE or FOX or any non major brand.

Often Hertz, Avis or Budget.

You can actually reserve a car from whoever you want, then go to Priceline and see if you can beat it and you can do this starting weeks ahead of your trip. If not, you still have a car available. If you are successful, be sure to cancel the first reservation.

Edited by thinfool

Does anyone have any experience with the name your price for a rental car on Priceline? Was thinking about trying it for an up coming cruise out of Galveston. Thought that I may be able to rent a car a little cheaper than what I am able to find right now.

I would stay away from them.

We only get a car direct from a car rental company.

I was looking at renting a car for our entire trip due to the fact that they charge such big drop fees for one way rentals. We would just pay to park it at the port. Right now they want right around 370 for the 8 days. I was thinking if I could get it for around 250 we would do it. I have checked with all the major car rentals at hobby airport and they are about equally expensive. Right now unless we can get a car cheaper we will über down to our hotel from the airport the day before our cruise then taxi to port then taxi from port to Texas city after the cruise to Avis where we got a one way rental back to the aiport for $30.

I have used Priceline "name your price " for cars several times and I have always scoured cars much lower that any other site. All my rentals have been Budget, Avis or Hertz.I check what the other sites are asking for cars and then I bid 40 % less . Sometimes I have to increase my bid but sometimes I get the car for that bid .