NOLA: Carnival Transfer - Airport to Cruise Port

hightownCO

Have you done it?

Do they run fairly frequently in the morning?

Anyone know what the latest flight arrival time they will accept and let you book a transfer? Not that I want to push it at all but just wondering. Ship leaves at 4pm.

I assume they have a desk or table set up at baggage claim?

Thanks!

We are using the Carnival transfer to the port. We are coming in on Southwest. Originaly we would have gotten in at12:00 which would give us plenty of time to get to the port. Southwest phoned yesterday and have changed their schedules. Now we won't get in til 1:50. I talked to a Carnival rep so to answer your question: The latest a flight can come in that they will pick up for is 2:00. There is suppose to be a booth or something close to baggage pick up. This has me very tense since we are barely under the wire, but under the circumstances I'm glad we booked their transfer service.

PS: We are flying in Nov. 1 to the Dream and........There is also a New Orleans Saints game that Sunday at their dome.

I would ask Southwest to change booking to day before cruise. They made the time change, you didn't. That time is cutting it pretty close since there is a game in town that day. Can't hurt to ask.

they would have let me change my booking to the day before. The problem is it is Halloween and from what I've read, it's a complete madhouse and zoo in the French Quarter. Also, all hotels and motels are completely booked unless you get a really long way out. There's also the crowd for the ball game in town. It's a no win deal.

If you're cutting it close for the transfer, just grab a cab. We quite using the transfers quite some time ago. Just got tired or waiting for the bus and then waiting for it to fill up and then for everyone to get off. Usually if there's 2 or more in your group a cab will be cheaper.

• 2 weeks later...