Scenic Barbados Tours Vs. Glory Tours in Barbados

lala1330

We booked with Thenford Grey of Thenfordgrey.com

We are on the Carnival Victory sailing to St Kitts on Dec 2, 2011. He is giving us and any fellow passengers a discount of only $39.00 on "The Tour". Read a lot of good reviews about his St. Kitts tour

Hillybilly1

We booked with Thenford Grey of Thenfordgrey.com

We are on the Carnival Victory sailing to St Kitts on Dec 2, 2011. He is giving us and any fellow passengers a discount of only $39.00 on "The Tour". Read a lot of good reviews about his St. Kitts tour

Hillybilly1

You are quite right, we have used Thenford ourselves on St Kitts and think he and his tours are terrific. However this thread is related to Barbados.

• 2 weeks later...
It took us aboout two days to receive an email from Sarah. (Not to bad) For St.lucia we received an almost immediate response from Serenity Tours. We are booked for these two islands. We are still looking into St.Marteen and St.Kitts. Any ideas will be appreciated.

We are doing the Southern Caribbean in March. We booked a tour with Bernard Tours in St Marteen. We used the company last March and it was wonderful. Tour included sightseeing and beach time. A stop was made to see planes landing at the airport as they come over the beach. Awesome to see. We are hitting St Kitts on our upcoming cruise as well. We booked a tour with Island Paradise Tours. The reviews on Tripadvisor and CC have been good. The cost for that is $48 per person. Hope the info helps. We are still working on excursions for Barbados, think we will use Glory Tours and Dominica, may use Bumpiing Tours. Good luck with all your planning.

Hi,

just booked the full day number 2 with Glory tours for next cruiseI am feeling really posoitive since checking out this thread. Sarah took a day or so to get back but hey..isn't that he Caribbean way?......

Please post a Barbados Glory Tours review here, or on Barbados port boards. I just submitted a credit card to secure a reservation for our Glory Tour with Sarah in March, 2012.

I am unsure of which one of these tour operators to choose from in Barbados. Do any of you out there on the boards have any recommendations for me. I have read some reviews that were pos/ old neg on Glory Tours but not much on Scenicbarbadostours. What I found on them were good reviews. This would be the first time using a tour operator that was not ship sponsored so I really want it to be a good experience. We have sailed eight cruises and never went outside the cruise lines!

All comments appreciated if constructive! :p

So what tour agent did you use? Your recommendations? Did you post a cruise review?

Please post a Barbados Glory Tours review here, or on Barbados port boards. I just submitted a credit card to secure a reservation for our Glory Tour with Sarah in March, 2012.

We will be there in March 2012 also, and I am looking for some type of tour. Two years ago, we just went to Accra beach and the beach next to the port. Everyone said we missed the beautiful parts of the island!

We will be there in March 2012 also, and I am looking for some type of tour. Two years ago, we just went to Accra beach and the beach next to the port. Everyone said we missed the beautiful parts of the island!
what ship & when sailing? ALthough I did read Accra was one of many of the most beautiful beaches :)

what ship & when sailing? ALthough I did read Accra was one of many of the most beautiful beaches :)

Carnival Victory March 18

Accra beach is beautiful, but the surf was so rough that day that you really couldn't get in the water.

While on Victory early last month, we (four of us) took the Johnson’s Tour “Picture Perfect Tour”. It was fantastic! Our guide, Henderson, was so interesting and very personable. Barbados is a relatively large island and there is a lot to see. $52.50/pp which includes a picnic lunch (best rum punch of the cruise) at Bath Beach which is gorgeous and was almost deserted when were there. Tour lasted about six hours.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
I am unsure of which one of these tour operators to choose from in Barbados. Do any of you out there on the boards have any recommendations for me. I have read some reviews that were pos/ old neg on Glory Tours but not much on Scenicbarbadostours. What I found on them were good reviews. This would be the first time using a tour operator that was not ship sponsored so I really want it to be a good experience. We have sailed eight cruises and never went outside the cruise lines!

All comments appreciated if constructive! :p

Skipper Vance tours for the best private tour guide in Barbados

• 4 months later...

Hired a private taxi for the day. Only $100 and took us all over the island and stopped whenever we waited plus waited for us at the beach. Probably saw twice as many things and saw better places because 2 people can travel to more unique places without being noticed then 10 on a bus. Great way to travel, usually one or two cars available amongst all the buses at the taxi stands.

Just booked a tour with Glory Tours. Sarah was fantastic! She was really quick to respond with a number of emails and questions that I asked her. She was very accommodating as well. I had several areas that were musts for me to be able to go to....she ended up recommended a 1/2 day tour that had 3 of these stops that I had wanted and then said she could have us dropped off at Carlisle Bay so that we could to swimming with the turtles. Swimming with the turtles was the other thing that was on my wish list for Barbados and Sarah worked it out!

I know you can hire a taxi driver and have him take you all over but I have a lot of confidence in going with a reputable company....so I am very happy! Now...I will let everyone know how I like the tour...but so far so good!!!!:D

Just booked a tour with Glory Tours. Sarah was fantastic! She was really quick to respond with a number of emails and questions that I asked her. She was very accommodating as well. I had several areas that were musts for me to be able to go to....she ended up recommended a 1/2 day tour that had 3 of these stops that I had wanted and then said she could have us dropped off at Carlisle Bay so that we could to swimming with the turtles. Swimming with the turtles was the other thing that was on my wish list for Barbados and Sarah worked it out!

I know you can hire a taxi driver and have him take you all over but I have a lot of confidence in going with a reputable company....so I am very happy! Now...I will let everyone know how I like the tour...but so far so good!!!!:D

Please do tell about the tour when you come back. We have cruise in November that stops at Barbados and I'm looking to book a tour with a reputable company.

Hired a private taxi for the day. Only $100 and took us all over the island and stopped whenever we waited plus waited for us at the beach. Probably saw twice as many things and saw better places because 2 people can travel to more unique places without being noticed then 10 on a bus. Great way to travel, usually one or two cars available amongst all the buses at the taxi stands.

Hi,

My husband and i are trying to figure out the best and most cost effective way to see the Island. We are looking at Glory Tours.

i was wondering if you could let me know where you find the taxi's?

We did Calabaza in November which was amazing swimming with the Turtles but this time we would like to see the island and stop at a beach.

We are trying to decide if we should go with a tour or just go off on our own. We basically like to tour privately. Hate vans crammed with people.:p

Glory sounds great but it's a bit on the pricey side for a group tour at $117 pp. But that also includes entrance to the caves which is $30pp :-/

Did you go into any sites like the caves that have an entrance fee and would the taxi wait for you?

We would also like some beach time. How long were you able to enjoy the beach?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Liz:)

WARNING ABOUT GLORY TOURS!!!!!! We booked an excursion through Glory Tours on Feb. 12 for an upcoming cruise. Here is what they stated in their email to us on Feb. 12 ""Within minutes of you submitting your order you will receive a purchase confirmation confirming the amount charged to your card. Following that Glory Tours will email you a activity pass within 24-48 hours of your purchase. Your tour pass is an important document and confirms that you are scheduled for the tour. You must have this document with you to join your activity ." Well we were supposed to receive our "Activity Pass" within 24 - 48 hours after we made payment, that was on Feb. 13, nothing from them yet so I emailed them....all 3 of their contact emails came back as undeliverable.....YIKES!!!! So I had to contact my credit card company to cancel this payment.

Hi,

My husband and i are trying to figure out the best and most cost effective way to see the Island. We are looking at Glory Tours.

i was wondering if you could let me know where you find the taxi's?

We did Calabaza in November which was amazing swimming with the Turtles but this time we would like to see the island and stop at a beach.

We are trying to decide if we should go with a tour or just go off on our own. We basically like to tour privately. Hate vans crammed with people.:p

Glory sounds great but it's a bit on the pricey side for a group tour at $117 pp. But that also includes entrance to the caves which is $30pp :-/

Did you go into any sites like the caves that have an entrance fee and would the taxi wait for you?

We would also like some beach time. How long were you able to enjoy the beach?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Liz:)

We used Glory tours in 2013 & requested a private tour for four people with an air conditioned vehicle and specified a van as two tall guys. Sarah took a bit getting emails sent (health issues) but eventually got it cleared up.

Where to meet: after going through security gates and past the large taxi gathering area will come to a large concrete island with a large tree in middle of it- can't miss it. Lots of her groups will meet there.

This is where it got iffy- we kept seeing lots of people load & go, and we're told to wait aside on sidewalk. We eventually found out a cousin of a regular driver who sometimes did tours was taking us.

- ahead of time we had emailed locations we definitely wanted to see which included the caves. It turned out to be a wonderful day. We told driver show us your island.

-I recall our favorites being a local bakery, St.Peters church in Speighstown (has a bell older than Liberty bell. Hometown shops (way expensive), black rocks, & Harrison cave and many other sites.

If were to return, getting to caves took a lot of time out of day and deemed just ok. We've been on better cave tours where you can walk. This little rain tram is ok, but not a whole lot of great Dave structures. If one has never been to a cave then would recommend. Would have preferred more time at black rocks and other shoreline areas he took us to. Glory tours well worth it once initial communication & getting a van was done. Just be specific on needs, requests & bring paperwork.

Okay, so my continuing saga with Glory Tours......I finally received my documentation today via email from them and Sarah asked me to reply back stating I got the "Activity Pass"......so I did and the email that I sent (which I just clicked "reply" on the email) came back as undeliverable......so they must have a huge glitch in their email address....I guess. So now debating whether I "stay the course" and hope everything will work out with this excursion, it is the "Explore & Discover Barbados" or keep with the cancelation??? Was wondering if anyone else is having trouble with Glory Tours email addresses?

Got an email back from Sarah of Glory Tours, all is well, she will refund the money and confirmed cancelation. But when I tried to reply back to her, it still came back as "undeliverable". So still can't figure it out, weird. I guess I will just do an excursion through Celebrity on Barbados. Happy Cruising!

We just got back from a stop in Barbados - also never got the tour pass although our card was charged for the deposit. Waited with another couple who didn't have their pass with them & no problem - ours - had to get on the drivers phone to talk to the office. She was a bit rude at first, but eventually put us with another group ( we all left 1/2 hour late) & charged our card at the prepay rate. Even though it was a great tour, we didn't go to the beach as promised (the other tour had been expecting a beach too). A few years ago we did a different tour with Glory that also was different than advertised. Both times we did enjoy the tour we got, but probably would not recommend them to anyone since I don't think you could count on what you would see, unless you would be happy with whatever the day brings!

Char

We also just got back from Barbados. We booked Glorytours for the Nature and Wonders of Barbados. We were in a small van 4 from cruise ship 2 from a local hotel. There were plenty of people directing us to the meeting place and Calvin was there waiting for us. Our first stop was Harrison Cave, we then went to the Flower Forest, we stopped for lunch at a local little roadside diner with picnic tables, but the food was really good. We ended up at the Wildlife Reserve where we did see tortoises, monkeys, and some other animals I did not recognize. Since the cruise ship was leaving at 4 we did not go the the Batik Studio or Pottery as advertised but we would rather get back to the ship in plenty of time. Calvin met up with another driver to bring us back to the ship while the couple from the hotel did continue their tour. I had a good excursion and would use them again.

Just got back from a Celebrity Equinox cruise. We booked a private tour with Glory tours and it was fantastic. We were met outside the gates (they can't meet you inside due to port regulations). we went the places that we had requested (Welchman's Gully, Flower Forest and Hunte's Gardens). Calvin was our guide and was very pleasant and knowledgeable. This is the second time we have used them and I would do it again.