Viking Sea and Viking Star wins CC overall award for its size

Azulann

They won #1 & #2 with Their two ships in multiple/most (except Family friendly if I remember correctly) categories......against some luxury cruise lines.

Maybe Viking customers are more vocal that Crystal and the rest - and those are good points - but It's not all that, IMHO. Viking is clearly doing something right to win so many awards.....and we can't wait till our next cruise!

I can understand the high marks since the ships are new but I think the truly telling scores are still a few years in the distance; can Viking keep up the enthusiasm that is generated by the launch of new ships? Can they sustain the excellence? Only time will tell.

VV, right! At least one ship in the top three places of each category EXCEPT Family, where, happily, Viking was even mentioned. :D

Points well taken.

Nevertheless, it is surprising that a new cruise line with only two ships up till now got such good marks from CC members in this member's"poll".

We have over 34 cruises on Princess, but Viking is clearly the better of the two in terms of ship, cabin, treatment of passengers, food and size (except we do like the 680 passenger Pacific Princess). I think the ratings are not the result of overenthusiastic Viking cheerleaders, but rather reflect the brand quality they are now offering. let's hope it lasts. That said, the per diem price is reflective of the added quality on viking. So, you do get what you pay for.