Mystic Mountain in Jamaica

Karencruiser43

Leaving in three weeks. Can anybody give me any information about Mystic Mountain. It says on Mystic Mountain's website that cruise passengers cannot book directly, but they do not offer just the Sky Explorer with the cruise line. Any ideas!!! Also has anybody booked directly as the cruise line only has one time 9.30pm and if you just do the Skyexplorer can you use the pool and restaurant. Thank you for any help, appreciate it!!!

• 3 weeks later...

We did this thru the ship but ours included a bobsled ride. I know you can do the bobsled on your own once you get to the top on the sky rider. We bought extra tickets and went again on the bobsled for a second ride. I can not remember how much the tickets were but we had a blast. I think you can also do the zip line there in the same way. We had the best day there and have been to Jamaica many times. We were never hassled or bothered in any way. We did not eat at the restaurant but did the use the pool with the beautiful view!

Edited by cruiselvr04

• 2 weeks later...

We really enjoyed this excursion when we were on a Carnival cruise last summer. The bob-sled was a lot of fun, even rode it twice. There was a small museum which was very informative about the Jamaica Olympic Team. The ride up to the mountain was very peaceful and beautiful. I would recommend this tour when you visit Jamaica.

• 5 weeks later...

We are going in a couple of weeks on RC. I have emailed a few independent guides about this. Courtney Taylor gave me a price and didn't mention that cruise passengers couldn't book independent. But Mark from Marks tours did and said he couldn't take us there. We just want to do the sky chair and bobsled. But I don't want to go with a whole crowd of people. So I'm not sure what we will do now.

• 4 months later...

Does anyone have recent information on this? I was going to try to book this through a tour guide, combined with another excursion. But I am not interested in making this our only activity for the day, and I prefer not to go through the cruise line.

Does anyone have recent information on this? I was going to try to book this through a tour guide, combined with another excursion. But I am not interested in making this our only activity for the day, and I prefer not to go through the cruise line.

My husband and I did this in May, it was awesome. We did a tour with Courtney Taylor. We have used Courtney Taylor a few times and they are great. We just did the ride to the top on the ski lift and rode the bob sleds once. They do have Zip lining and a pool. The view from the top is awesome!

• 4 weeks later...

I know this is probably a stupid question, but is the only way to get to the butterfly garden and the like the trip up the Sky Explorer? I absolutely hate heights and swore that I would not do something like this again unless I had a lot of alcohol in me before hand. :o In Lake Placid, I found out after the fact that we could have driven up to the ski jumps rather than ride the ski lift.

I'm just trying to understand the layout of this attraction. I wouldn't mind stopping by on a private tour and looking around (and some in our party might enjoy doing an activity), but I don't want to put myself in a situation where I have to be on an open ski lift.

• 1 month later...