Interior staterooms for families?

We are planning to book a trip on Harmony of the Seas in October. Since it's our first time with Royal Carribean, I'm not that familiar with their room types and booking procedure.

We are 2 adults and 2 kids, and we are looking for an interior stateroom. In the booking process we can select Interior (Q), but rooms will be assigned.

Looking on the floor plan on the Royal Carribean Website, there are a couple of Q rooms, but none of them seems to have sofa or Pullman beds.

So first question: Is it usual that for the lower categories cabins can't be pre-selected?

And second question: Do Q-rooms offer space for 4 people, or what else will happen when I book this category? Will I get auto-assigned to a higher category?

Any help is welcome!

You can only select a cabin, based on number of people, so you can't not get a 4 person cabin. I believe, that inside cabins all have drop down bunks in them, and only the outside or balcony have sofa beds.

You can always get lucky and be assigned to a higher category. If you see only guarantee available, than book it fast. Usually means they are running out of cheaper rooms!

Edited by Havingfun2010

Not sure specifically about category Q, but there are rooms with a pull out sofa and/or Pullman. How old are your kids? We booked an (interior) Promenade room that has a pull out sofa and a Pullman for our family of 4. We're on Allure but Harmony would be the same. There are regular interiors like that too. Look for rooms with the triangle (sofa bed), diamond (sofa bed and Pullman), and there are a few other symbols meaning the similar.

I just did a search on Harmony for 2 adults, 2 kids and it came up with room 9175, which has a sofa bed (triangle symbol). I think though that this is a K room (Large Interior). Did you specify 4 people in your search?

I'd give Royal a call and they can tell you the Interior configuration.

I just did a search on Harmony for 2 adults, 2 kids and it came up with room 9175, which has a sofa bed (triangle symbol). I think though that this is a K room (Large Interior). Did you specify 4 people in your search?

I'd give Royal a call and they can tell you the Interior configuration.

Out of curiosity, how much larger than a regular interior is a "large" interior? I've read that some don't have a full sofa and have a large chair instead, is that the difference?

Out of curiosity, how much larger than a regular interior is a "large" interior? I've read that some don't have a full sofa and have a large chair instead, is that the difference?

Large Interior Staterooms are 172 s.f, and Interior Staterooms are 149 s.f. I believe that a Cat Q would have a chair. A family of four would definitely be more comfortable with a Large Interior. The Harmony also offers Interior Staterooms w/ a Virtual Balcony (172 s.f.), and Family Interior Stateroom that accommodates six people (260 s.f.).

I did specify 4 people, and nevertheless I was offered a Q room. However, you're right, I'll just cal them.

Perhaps then, the other interior rooms are sold out on your cruise. I'd give them a call so they can confirm and describe the layout. They can also let you know your choices. There are also family interiors that may not show up on the website search.

Edited by LuCruise

I'm looking at the Royal Caribbean's Serenade of the Seas deck plan right now. It has all the symbols indicating which cabins have pullman and/or sofa beds.

The strange thing is, I looked at the floorplans, but none of the Q rooms has any of those symbols, neither for sofa beds nor for Pullmans, that's what confuses me.

The kids will be 7 and 12 then.