Jewel review may 16-23, 2015

amarvel

Figure might as well start my review since we are first cruise of season. To give people tips who leave Saturday :)

*room service is officially $7.95

*pizza has changed. No longer the 16". I thought it was not a good change. Liked the old pizza better. I would not pay for it. Buffet pizza was just fine.

*you can't bring food out of restaurants

*staff is still amazingly friendly on the jewel

*still singing washy washy ;)

*top of the haven deck on 15 starboard side is now public.

*florintina is the concierge

*captain is awesome. So friendly!

We are in haven and arrived at the pier at about 10:15 and got immediate check in. Was eating lunch at modern at 11:25. Seattle is very efficient. Especially if you are in a suite.

Really rough water yesterday. Everyone was sick on the ship. I've been to Alaska four times and have never had it like that. Bring you own pills/patch/drops because everyone was hounding the gift store and they didn't open until 9am. I don't get motion sick and it was bothering me some. Not as bad as Mexico water but if you are use to a calmer alaska cruise sort of thing you might want to prepare.

for this week lattitudes party was Sunday at 1pm, silver and above additional party is thursday I think also 1. Haven party with captain was Sunday at 630.

I have pictures of the dailies and will try to post those in a little bit. :)

In ketchikan I caught the bus for $1 at dock st/front st and rode out to totem bight. So easy to do.

I'm confused. If your cruise was May 16-23, 2015,, shouldn't you still be on the cruise? Are the dates wrong? Just wondering.

Never mind. I'm having a Monday brain. You're still on the cruise.

Edited by WSM1974

My daughter and several friends are all on the same cruise, glad to hear you are having beautiful weather! She agrees, service, staff and ship are great! Enjoying excellent food in MDR, Buffet! She is on deck 8, mid ship, her friends are on Deck 10 mid ship, they felt a little roll, but not enough to need any meds, they are all seasoned cruisers.... They took crepes and snacks back to the rooms, no one cared, no one stopped them, just smiled and told them to have a great day, NCL style.... Have a great cruise, we just should have booked this one!

Edited by cruiseblues2013

Thanks, following, We are on this Cruise Saturday 5/23 also. Looks like several followers on here will be on the same cruise..... Getting excited about everything except the packing.....lol Hope you have a great Cruise

A few other things.

Lots of wildlife. I've seen more bald eagles today then I saw my entire cruise last time. And that not counting the ones I saw yesterday or will later.

Also have seen lots of whales. Two orca pods from our room. Seals and Otters toos. And humpback too. Good whale viewing when you leave ketchikan. Good whales around 6-730ish.

Florintina has been fabulous. Wonderful concierge.

The room service food isn't that great. I wouldn't pay $7.95. Buffet food is better. So unless you are stuck in the room I wouldn't worry about the fact it now costs. I'd skip it. :)

And this is a cruise I've done before and it's crazy how different it's been. So even if you have done it before there is so many other things to do on the ship, different weather conditions, or just different circumstances that it still makes for a unique vacation :)

Edited by amarvel

We are also in the Haven. We have a Haven owner's suite on deck 10. We had the exact same suite two years ago on our last Alaska cruise ( Pearl). Wondering what the butler's names are on the Jewel?

We are also in the Haven. We have a Haven owner's suite on deck 10. We had the exact same suite two years ago on our last Alaska cruise ( Pearl). Wondering what the butler's names are on the Jewel?

We must have the owner's suite on the other side on deck 10! Someone in another thread mentioned the butler's name was Theodore and I assume he takes care of all the forward suites.

We must have the owner's suite on the other side on deck 10! Someone in another thread mentioned the butler's name was Theodore and I assume he takes care of all the forward suites.

We'll also have a butler in the Haven. You are going to love your suite! Some have complained about the walk to and from the Haven area, but the space,balconies and views are well worth.

We are also Beagle lovers :D

We'll also have a butler in the Haven. You are going to love your suite! Some have complained about the walk to and from the Haven area, but the space,balconies and views are well worth.

We are also Beagle lovers :D

We've got three beagles at the moment. MIL is presently in the air flying in to be their concierge for the week.