Restaurant seating: how does it work with RSSC?

SSCAF001

Hello to everyone

I am totally new to Regent. I have cruised twice aboard Cunard Queen Mary 2 in Queen's Grill. I was wondering how does it work in terms of restaurant seating. Do you have a reserved table somewhere in a given restaurant? If you want a table for 2 is it easy to have one? And by the way for those of you who know Cunard Queen's Grill, how does it compare with Regent? Thank you very much and best regards from Montreux Switzerland.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

In specialty restaurants you need reservations .

In main dining room , Compass Rose, no reservations needed. At the door you tell how many people in your party and if you want to set alone or share a table.

Many passengers share a table to meet fellow passengers.

My husband and I are long time Regent cruisers. We always sit by ourselves. As TedC said, when you arrive at the main restaurant (Compass Rose) you just tell them you want a table for 2. During peak times, you may have to wait for a spell. We like to eat late, so we usually don't have a problem being seated right away.

We cruised on the QM2 once and were in the Queen's Grill. The Compass Rose is much larger than the Queen's Grill (probably a bit larger than the size of the Queen's Grill and Princess Grill combined). We sat at the same table every night in the Queen's Grill, so that will be the biggest difference for you on the Regent cruise. There is no reserved seating.

We dine alone sometimes and with other people at others, depending on our mood and level of tiredness. If you want seated in a certain section to have a specific waiter, they try to honor that when you arrive,but there is no assigned seating. You could sit in a different section or at a different table, either by yourselves or with others as you chose every night.

You do need to make advance reservations for Prime 7 and Signatures. I highly recommend going online and doing this as soon as reservations open up for your cruise.

One of the things we like about Regent is that there is no assigned seating--neither table nor time. We like to dine alone at the Compass Rose. If you want to eat with others at the Compass Rose sometimes you have to wait a few minutes for another party to show up.

When you make your reservations for the specialty restaurants it is easier to get the time you want if you will share a table.

Edited by DixieDeer

One of the things we like about Regent is that there is no assigned seating--neither table nor time. We like to dine alone at the Compass Rose. If you want to eat with others at the Compass Rose sometimes you have to wait a few minutes for another party to show up.

When you make your reservations for the specialty restaurants it is easier to get the time you want if you will share a table.

We agree that the seating arrangements on Regent are the best, of the lines we use anyway, (HAL & Princess the other two). We really like the absence of the old "traditional" assigned seating. We almost always go for a table for two but on occasion team up with others we have met on board. We have nearly 100 days sailing with them now and haven't ran into any problems.

On our last cruise with them, Sept--Oct, we learned to stick with a single head waiter. If they reassigned him and his tables to another section of the Compass Rose, even if it was less desirable, we stuck with him. If there was to be a minor wait for his tables, we still stuck with him. Paid off, most of the his waiters knew us by name, either he or them would see us coming, get a table prepared and set up right away to our liking. Loved it. Began to prefer the Compass Rose over the specialty restaurants, even.

As for the two specialty restaurants: You can only make one reservation at a time, for each one. You can make the first reservation(s) in advance of the voyage. It is a good idea to do so as the prime times are taken up early, like sea days,(Not so difficult though if you go along with something other than a table for two, usually you can get reservations at a table for 4 or 6, however, you don't know who you are going to be stuck with, luck of the draw). Also, if you make your first reservation for a date way late in the trip, you can't make another until that is used up. Sometimes you can get in without reservations, but you usually have to wait until late so they can account for no shows. If you are on a B.& B. be sure and make reservations for the second segment separate from the first, like we didn't do one time believing our reservation status applied to our entire voyage. Another thing we screwed up on happened on our first trip. We thought there was an extra charge for using the specialty restaurants. So went the entire trip without using them. Wondered why they kept asking us to make reservations. Haw.

Another thing to pay attention to about Regent, they give you prerequisite credits at the time you pay in full for your voyage, so, unlike most lines where you don't receive benefit of those perks until your next voyage with them, you get them immediately with Regent. As a for instance, late in our last trip (22 day cruise), I was chatting with a fellow, it was his first cruise with Regent, but since the cruise was that long he had achieved their first level Silver Seas Society perks without knowing it, which included free Internet. He had went most of the cruise thinking he was going to have to pay through the nose for Internet, while it was free for him.

Salut Montreux!

Normally when you arrive at the desk at the Compass Rose for dinner you will be asked "table for 2 or do you want to share". We never share unless we have made friends on board and plan to eat with those friends. And we have never, ever, had to wait or had a problem getting a table for two. Maybe not by a window though. But for two.

It is good advice to try to stick to a particular section in the CR if you have had good service there. Maître d' s are well used to this kind of request too.

BTW I am from up the Rhône a bit -- Martigny!

Edited by Hambagahle