Athens transfers.

I am looking for someone who can recommend a good reliable car service for transfers in Athens. I cant remember who i used last time,but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I have seen posters on the athens board,mostly suggesting train or bus,but I want a private car,many thanks in advance.

We used George's Famous Taxis two years ago airport to hotel and then hotel to port. The car was modern and the driver was timely and courteous. I understand the owner of the company recently passed away but the company is still in business.

I was googling this yesterday and found 'welcome pickups' which seems to have lots of good reviews. The taxi fare from the airport to central Athens is fixed so you should be able to just pick up a cab at the airport, however welcome pickups arranges it for the exactly the same price, you pay in advance so there's no .. confusion .. and the driver meets you at the gate. You can also pre-arrange your onward trip to the port.

It's all online, you can see what the fares are and it if it works like it says on the tin, we'll be most happy. I'm sure using the words 'welcome pickups' you'll be able to find it if you want, it was about the first google hit.

So we're going to give this a go when we travel in .. oh my goodness it's 3 weeks away!!

Welcome. I have used it. It was fine. Right on time and met us at the airport gate and took us to the hotel. Subsequent pickup from the hotel to Piraeus was early. Both drivers were friendly, spoke excellent English, and seemed eager to show off Athens. Price is fixed and was the same as we were quoted for a regular taxi.

We recommend Stelios Spinoulas (stelios_spinoulas@hotmail.com, cell 0030 697 6518378). Last time we were there (2014) he charged €120 total to pick us up at the airport, take us to our hotel in Piraeus, deliver us to Odyssey the next morning, and return to the airport (with friends who arrived separately but sailed with us) when we disembarked 3 weeks later. He also easily accommodated our delayed arrival (7 hours late).

Edited by Ka Honu

Another recommendation for George's. We debarked there in 2014 and we got 2 cars from Georges. George took 3 of us with a guide that he arranged and we got a wonderful full day tour of Athens. The other car had another couple who didn't want the tour. His son took them directly to our hotel at the airport.