Final payment due and no paperwork from Azamara.

welshfamily

We are approaching final payment for our 6th of August 2015 cruise and have still had no paperwork from Azamara.

We have booked with a Major online TA. We have a ref. number for Azamara but have only received the TA's invoice. We were informed payment would be due 120 days before sailing when we booked so this is not an issue however we are surprised that we have had no paperwork forwarded on by our TA.

When we book with Celebrity, either directly or through a TA we have always received an invoice from the TA and the cruise company. Our TA states they haven't had any paperwork from Azamara.

Does Azamara not issue invoices or cruise conformations? We have tried going on to My Azamara and cannot find any details of our cruise other than the sail date and the name and address if our TA. Just like to make sure everything is in order before making final payment.

We are going on a fortnights holiday this weekend and therefore need to pay for our cruise in the next couple of days.

Is this normal for Azamara and should we just go with the flow.?

Thank you

Sounds like you have a very poor travel agency. They can readily access your record by accessing the Azamara website and entering your last name and booking number. They can have the confirmation even sent to you directly. They are paid a fair commission for handling your booking. They should earn it.

I have never noticed any difference between Celebrity or Azamara on the issuing of invoices. You need to speak to your TA and get them to request a duplicate if they don't have the original to send you. You'll see I am from the UK too.

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden

It does indeed appear that your TA is being rather lax.

We booked our forthcoming November cruise on 8th August last year and received the Azamara confirmation invoice from our TA on the 12th.

Flights were all arranged and confirmed last month with assistance from both TA and Azamara, as we wanted an extended pre-cruise stay and received the confirmation email with Azamara "paperwork" within a few days.

We join Quest on 7 April (yipeeee!) and booked our cruise through a TV based TA which is linked to a large online TA.

Our confirmation emails from the TA included a booking ref for Azamara which we used to confirm our booking details. This was the only way to check our holiday details as Azamara deal through the TA not direct with client. We received our tickets etc earlier this week 7-10 days before sailing.

I think when you book online there is an assumption by the TA's that you will do some more research personally and in my opinion the level of service offered is not as high as a high street TA. This may or may not be correct but I think as previously noted you will find everything is ok if you log in to Azamara.

hi;

we also booked our cruise on 21/7/15 with a uk biggie TA and I was very keen to get flight info.! the first real info. was received at the beginning of march, I paid the final instalment on saturday and a detailed invoice from Azamara today, via an e-mail from my TA.

can't complain about the TA (yet) as they have passed my queries to Azamara and done their best to get some strange flight options changed!

Once I insisted I found the TA had a detailed invoice from Azamara. Their company policy is to only release invoices once final payment as been received.

TA has now sent me the invoice which has no details of flights,transfers etc.

I have now made final payment.

TA's invoice is highly detailed.

Am mystified as to why any TA would not provide both their invoice as well as the cruise lines invoice. After all, it is mostly the cruise line's invoice that we should be concerned with. The cruise lines invoice is the ONLY proof of what will be provided on board by the cruise line and being on the TA's invoice most probably will not get you the item(s) if not on the cruise lines invoice.

The only addition to the cruise line invoice on the TA's invoice is those items provided strictly by the TA and that can only be solved by working with the TA and not the cruise line.

While this is our first Azamara cruise, we have been on about 8 different cruise lines with different TA's although we will be with our current TA for all future cruises and it has always worked this way where once we deposit we get 2 invoices immediately and for each and every change that affects the cruise line we immediately get 2 invoices while only getting one revised invoice if the change is only related to our TA.

Highly recommend to everyone on every cruise make sure you follow this approach so there are no surprises. Remember, if it isn't in writing, it doesn't exist unless you are extremely lucky.

Hi, have just checked my documents for our Azamara cruise in April 2017 and we have a copy of the information schedule from Azamara which was sent by the TA. Not sure how we have details for that cruise when I can't find the same for this year's cruise. Perhaps the consultants performance might impact on what we receive?

I know there have been reports in the past of travel agencies taking deposits and NOT making bookings, or making bookings but NOT using the clients money for the deposit or payments. In those cases, there was no official paperwork from the travel provider because the TA had the money, not the Travel Provider. Most of those cases were because the TA was in financial trouble and come travel time, the client was left holding the bag. At the time I read about this happening I also read that you should ALWAYS insist your TA give you the official invoice from the Travel Provider and it should reflect exactly what you have paid. In the instances I read about some people had made regular payments all along, and the TA had only paid a deposit and used the rest of the clients money for its operating expenses, and then declared bankruptcy when it all crashed. :eek: