A Couple Of Enchantment Questions

Any compasses available for 4 night itinerary (recent)? Sailing Monday

Yes- I have photos of them in my review- linked in my signature below.

Looks like most of the original questions have been answered except:

No LOBSTER of the 3 and 4 night cruises :(

• 4 weeks later...
Oh no! We booked the POV on deck 7 for our December trip. Hope it's not too noisy since we have a toddler. Maybe I'll bring music for bedtime to hopefully cut out any commotion we hear.

No noise from above in the POV rooms on Deck 7. (only cabins above). We stayed in 7098 in January and the room was very quiet. Deck 8 gets the noise from the pool deck above, scrapping of deck chairs as the staff moves them early in the AM.

We did hear some music from the Centrum, but it did not go late into the night, usually over before midnight.

Loved the room and location so much, that we booked it again for next February !!

Edited by nik23

Ah good old Enchantment- always brings back nice memory´s - I did the Maiden Voyage on board Enchantment back in ´97- wonderful experience with Petula Clark as main entertainer! From recent pictures I saw, i thing RCI did a great job in maintaing her! Of course she is 17 years old now! If she ever come back to Europe ( which I dout very much) I would be tempted to sail her again.

Will 1st time cruisers enjoy this ship for a 1st cruise????

I think Enchantment will be a great first cruise- and don't forget about the bungee trampolines (Deck 10, forward)! We loved Grandeur's inaugural cruise and have very fond memories. :)

Does anyone have tender information for Coco Cay. Can you get odd and on the island as you please or do the boats only tender off in the a.m. and then back on in the p.m.?

Deb

Tenders are running constantly.

No noise from above in the POV rooms on Deck 7. (only cabins above). We stayed in 7098 in January and the room was very quiet. Deck 8 gets the noise from the pool deck above, scrapping of deck chairs as the staff moves them early in the AM.

We did hear some music from the Centrum, but it did not go late into the night, usually over before midnight.

Loved the room and location so much, that we booked it again for next February !!

we are going on the enchantment in march and are staying in 7102 seems the room is similar to the one you had. what did you think of it?

Just off the 3-day Enchantment today. Loved it! We were in cabin #3022- forward/port side. Never heard a thing except for, what I think, was the anchor, on the morning we docked at Coco Cay. But, that didn't bother me because it was better than an alarm clock- at least I didn't have to get up early to go to work!

No kids ran past our room. That's the benefit to being either forward or aft- less passengers to run past your cabin.

In answer to someone, I believe the last night's dinner was Pimento.

The food was surprisingly good. My last cruise with RCCL, not so much. Loved the muesli at breakfast. I found it in a lonely container by the fruit. I added figs and dried apricots- yum!

Any questions, and I'll do my best to answer.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi, we leave on Monday, this is my first RC cruise.

Can someone explain the Mojo, Saffron, etc?

Any secret spots or insider tips you can share?

Thanks.

Each day's menu has a name. Here are the menus:

http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-kit/9/culinary-press-kit/

Edited by clarea

Thinking of going on this ship soon...3 or 4 nights...anyone have any idea about forward cabins on Deck 2 and 3 which have the 2 portholes instead of a picture window???

How about storage space in the bathroom?

Also, in general, did you feel the food was good? I heard that RCI was upcharging in the dining room for filet mignon and/or a better cut of meat than what was offered on the main menu. I experienced this years back but wasn't sure if they are still doing that...

any info is appreciated.. thanks!

Thinking of going on this ship soon...3 or 4 nights...anyone have any idea about forward cabins on Deck 2 and 3 which have the 2 portholes instead of a picture window???

How about storage space in the bathroom?

Also, in general, did you feel the food was good? I heard that RCI was upcharging in the dining room for filet mignon and/or a better cut of meat than what was offered on the main menu. I experienced this years back but wasn't sure if they are still doing that...

any info is appreciated.. thanks!

We have found reasonable storage space in the bathroom. We thought the food in the MDR was very good and served hot. They still do have an upcharge steak available for around $15.

Glad to hear the food in the mdr was good. Not sure about my feelings about the steak upcharge...hopefully when steak is offered on the regular menu it is good!

As for the bathroom storage as long as there are a few shelves to put some things on I am happy. I've been on ships where there was one little shelf under the mirror and practically no counterspace to even put a toothbrush and a few small travel items! Not fun!

I know on cruise ships the bathroom space is limited but sometimes they do not utilize space where the passenger can store some things.

• 1 year later...

Glad to hear that you had a good experience in the room :) we are booked in the same cabin in March :)