SJU Airport.

Archer0749

Got a future cruise planned leaving San Juan. Flights available right now are either "get in very late" or before noon. I know not aall hotels would allow early check-in, and getting in later I think I'd prefer staying at the Airport hotel. Does anyone know how long the walk would be from baggage to the hotel at the airport? :D

The San Juan Airport Hotel's website doesn't say how many, but advises "just steps from the Airlines counters and has it all." You may want to check the San Juan, PR Ports of Call forum for discussion on hotels- as well as reviews on Tripadvisor. Btw, have you checked Southwest flights? :)

Dang I had all this typing done and something killed CC. Anyhow I have been looking everywhere and no luck. Even the map of the terminal doesn't help. Our plan is to fly in the day before and SWA has the incoming flights but what they have available on a Saturday, which would be our departure day, is only a couple of flights between like 6-7AM right now. However as they open their schedule things are looking up. They show a couple of lifghts after noon that would work. I'll keep digging.:D

The San Juan Airport Hotel's website doesn't say how many, but advises "just steps from the Airlines counters and has it all." You may want to check the San Juan, PR Ports of Call forum for discussion on hotels- as well as reviews on Tripadvisor. Btw, have you checked Southwest flights? :)

That might work if we get some sleep coming from Phoenix. The flights are like midnight to 1 and finally get in maybe around 10-11. I've read that some hotels will let you check in early so if we fly in early that's what I hope happens. I've even thought about flying in same day but the other half say no. We've cruised out of San Juan long ago and I figure the good historical places aren't going to change so since we are on a B2B we'll do Old San Juan on that day.

If you get to the hotel early, they will hold your luggage . . . You can then head off for a little sightseeing.

According to the airport web page the hotel is located inside the airport. The address of the hotel is terminal D.

Hope this helps

That might work if we get some sleep coming from Phoenix. The flights are like midnight to 1 and finally get in maybe around 10-11. I've read that some hotels will let you check in early so if we fly in early that's what I hope happens. I've even thought about flying in same day but the other half say no. We've cruised out of San Juan long ago and I figure the good historical places aren't going to change so since we are on a B2B we'll do Old San Juan on that day.

If you arrive the day prior at 10-11 a.m. and need to store your bags, it may work for you to use the Barrachina Restaurant: http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g147320-d779529-r154342380-Barrachina-San_Juan_Puerto_Rico.html. It's just an alternative, I would first find out if early check-in is possible at your chosen hotel, and go from there- that would certainly be more convenient.

Whenever we wanted to be sure we could go directly to our room upon arrival at the hotel, we book the room for the day before. We tell the hotel

we will be arriving early morning of the next day to not be called 'no shows' and seeing as we have paid for the room the day before, the room is ours immediately. Yes, it costs a bit to do that but each of us decides how much that sort of convenience is worth to us. How many $$. :)

I would rather book a nice beach hotel rather than booking an airport hotel. Even if you can't check into your room you can still use all the hotel facilities and have them hold your big bags till your room is available. I can do some nice napping poolside with a cocktail nearby while catching a few rays. Pack a few essentials in a day bag. If you really want to get in your room early then tell the hotel front desk at check in that you aren't picky about room location and you will take the first available room. In general, most hotels will be able to turn something around.

The few times we've arrived too early for our room we've been able to check in and have our luggage held.

Just got the keys when we got our luggage.

When this happens we sometimes change clothes in the lobby bathroom.

I stayed there last month. As someone stated above, it is directly across from American Airlines in Terminal D.

Your baggage pickup is downstairs on the first level pretty much under Terminal D. All terminals share the same baggage area, if I am not mistaken there are only 4 carousals . Take the elevator or escalator back upstairs.

The rooms are extremely small but it is the only game in town if you want to stay there.

Thank you this is what I was looking for. It might be the plan depending on when we get in.

I stayed there last month. As someone stated above, it is directly across from American Airlines in Terminal D.

Your baggage pickup is downstairs on the first level pretty much under Terminal D. All terminals share the same baggage area, if I am not mistaken there are only 4 carousals . Take the elevator or escalator back upstairs.

The rooms are extremely small but it is the only game in town if you want to stay there.

Much prefer arriving 2 days before and stay at the Caribe Hilton. Some good pricing and a great beach. I believe I was also able to get that great rate on one of those "bidding type" websites where you name your price. Arriving 2 days prior allows you to really distress and explore San Juan which has allot to offer.

Much prefer arriving 2 days before and stay at the Caribe Hilton. Some good pricing and a great beach. I believe I was also able to get that great rate on one of those "bidding type" websites where you name your price. Arriving 2 days prior allows you to really distress and explore San Juan which has allot to offer.

lol, years ago friends of mine stayed at the Caribe Hilton 2 nights pre-cruise, and almost forgot about their cruise! They loved the Caribe (and their Celebrity cruise!).

We did that on our frist cruise which was out of San Juan. I wouldn't mind doing it that way again but we still have the same issues with flight times. Since we've seen San Juan already one time we plan on using the day between our B2B to visit it again. But who knows minds might change.

• 1 month later...

I'm going to wait until Feb to seriously start looking into. Pin my DW down to how soon before the cruise does she want to get there. We both have a phobia about missing luggage. I just read a post on here about someone missing their luggage for 11 of 14 days. I sure don't want to go thru that. So maybe fly in 2 days before and just relax on the beach somewhere.