Pan Pacific or Fairmont Waterfront

Thank you for the response Alberta Quilter. I found a great rate for The Pan Pacific and was all ready to book. But then, I found a great rate for the Fairmont Waterfront. So now I'm torn. I should have quit looking :) Any reason you aren't staying at the PP again?

Thank you for the response Alberta Quilter. I found a great rate for The Pan Pacific and was all ready to book. But then, I found a great rate for the Fairmont Waterfront. So now I'm torn. I should have quit looking :) Any reason you aren't staying at the PP again?

Yes. I am at a high loyalty level with Aeroplan and get perks at Fairmont Hotels that I don't get at the Pan Pacific.

I really don't think you could go wrong with either hotel. The location of the PP can't be beat but the Fairmont Waterfront is just across the street. With both hotels, the harbour views are higher cost rooms. Don't forget that the hotel taxes are quite high in Vancouver. If the rates you're finding are equal, then look farther into the amenities, any meals if you're eating at the hotel, and the perks with their loyalty programs. If anyone in your group is mobility impaired, then I would book the PP, just for the convenience.

Edited by Alberta Quilter

You will not go wrong with either hotel - they are both lovely

However I love staying at the Pan Pacific - my favorite Vancouver Hotel - views are wonderful - service is wonderful -

they will even deliver your luggage right to the ship for you (both hotels will do that)

Both are worth the money IMO

• The Pan Pacific is above the cruise terminal. The Fairmont Waterfront is across the street. Elevator down from the lobby to the cruise terminal is a Pan Pacific feature
  • Most will prefer the Pan Pacific as they can cheer the ship arriving at their feet below in the morning
  • Some have reported difficulties in getting rooms at the the Panny on their preferred dates. Fairmont Waterfront will have better availability
  • both hotels are premium priced, especially if you plan to stay for multiple nights. There is significant savings if you are willing to walk a few blocks.
  • both hotels offer luggage transfer services to the ship. While popular, I don't use the service as I've heard they can accidentally bulk transfer your luggage to the WRONG ship.
  • Fairmont Waterfront is pet friendly
    http://www.fairmont.com/waterfront-vancouver/promotions/pet-friendly-hotel/
  • Fairmont Waterfront offers a Mr. Grey experience
    http://www.fairmont.com/waterfront-vancouver/press-room/champagne-and-chantilly-lace/
  • there's also two blocks away is the Fairmont Pacific Rim (yeah the name is confusing). Bella Gelateria is the highlight there. Some like the hotel for Hertz car rentals.

Edited by xlxo

it's kind of a "pickem" and there is no wrong answer. Both are located at Canada Place and both will take your luggage from your room to the porter at the pier. Arguably the Waterfront is newer and the rooms a little nicer but you do need to specify a north facing room to see the ships at the pier. The advantage of the Pan Pacific is that the ships tie up on either side of the hotel so you can see the ships arrive in the morning.