What are some free things I can do during the day on Grandeur OTS?

We like to feel busy instead of just tanning by the pool all morning and afternoon, and my family is on a very tight budget. I also heard that the Grandeur does not have the new RCCL updates (flowrider, ice rink, etc), so what are some free things I can do during the day on the Grandeur for 17 year olds (my daughter)? For the carnival cruisers, I was on the Carnival Glory last year, and had a very boring time. What do you think I will feel about this cruise? I have not booked anything by the way. :)

For a family with teenagers I would not cruise on the Grandeur. The ship was built in the mid-90"s and does not have all of the bells and whistles of the newer and larger ships. If you cruise in the winter the passengers are more of the senior citizen age group...and the entertainment is geared toward that segment of the population. Since I'm in my mid-60's I enjoy the Grandeur but would never sail on her during the summer, spring-break or holiday cruise when she is smothered with 400-500 kids.:rolleyes:

I am in my late 30's and the Grandeur is my favorite ship. I would have to guess i am in the minority Tho. To me its a very elegant classy ship. When I cruise i really like to be "bored" if you will. my balcony or up on deck, with a beverage! Im good to go....lol However im sure if I was 17 that wouldnt be my thought process.