Bonnie - re change in booking Terms & Conditions

Jade13

Bonnie,

Can you please advise when Azamara changed policy to only allow North American guests to move a booking only one time prior to final payment?

I have/had an older booking that was supposed to be fully refundable and due to a death went to move it to a another sailing and Azamara refused to do so and kept 50% of our deposit. They told our agent that they had already accommodated a move more than once and would not do it again. We were never ever told of any change where a booking could not be moved to a new sailing without any penalty prior to final payment.

Our agent already spoke to a supervisor and told us we needed to try to resolve directly but we have still not received any information on when this policy changed.

Needless to say we are disappointed and have no interest in booking again when we also lost our book on board discount in addition to the low deposit.

Please advise on who can email me with a written explanation.

Thank you.

I had the same thing happen with a Celebrity cruise recently. There is no penalty for me to cancel, but the agent website won't let me change the sailing date. I haven't had a chance to call to find out what's going on, but I assume that it's a new policy that was implemented without any notice. So far, Royal Caribbean allows unlimited changes, but one risks losing a portion of onboard credit - that is fully disclosed and is only applicable to bookings made after the date the policy changed (and it's not applied very often).

It seems to me that any such prohibition could only apply to bookings made after the date of the policy change. For Azamara to keep part of jade13's deposit is particularly disturbing and possibly even illegal if they've never disclosed that only one change is allowed. Just saying....

Bonnie,

Can you please advise when Azamara changed policy to only allow North American guests to move a booking only one time prior to final payment?

I have/had an older booking that was supposed to be fully refundable and due to a death went to move it to a another sailing and Azamara refused to do so and kept 50% of our deposit. They told our agent that they had already accommodated a move more than once and would not do it again. We were never ever told of any change where a booking could not be moved to a new sailing without any penalty prior to final payment.

Our agent already spoke to a supervisor and told us we needed to try to resolve directly but we have still not received any information on when this policy changed.

Needless to say we are disappointed and have no interest in booking again when we also lost our book on board discount in addition to the low deposit.

Please advise on who can email me with a written explanation.

Thank you.

Hi Jade, I am sorry you are not planning to rebook. I'm attaching the email for our customer service since I am still on vacation.

Email the details of your booking and questions to azamaracustomerservice@azamaraclubcruises.com

interesting read. my agent went to move a july 2017 deposit to 2018. was told it could be done but the final payment had to be paid like i i was traveling still in 2017.. like 18 months early!!she already moved deposits so like when were the changes and why not tell agents. so instead she booking the cruise as new and then canceling the other cruise. my goal was to move 3 cruise rez's to 2018. going to have her move money at a future date or cancel said cruise.. not really sure.

These are the current Terms & Conditions which are too vague, and do not say anything about a limit on the number of times a booking can be moved without penalty.

The $200 OBC for reserved passages was in place when I originally booked but than was changed to the loyalty discount, so not sure when they started offering OBC again? We always booked a reserved passage specifically because the deposit was fully refundable.

"Azamara Passages Onboard Savings Offers: The Azamara Passages O¬ffers are available to members of Le Club Voyage loyalty program and is open to new individual bookings only. Open Passages bookings require a non-refundable 50% deposit at time of booking. Reserved Passages bookings require a refundable 50% deposit at time of booking. Full deposit amounts range from $550-$1100 USD per person. 50% reduced deposit o¬ffer is not applicable to Club World Owner’s Suites, Club Ocean Suites, and Club Spa Suites; standard deposit rates apply. Guests will receive cruise fare savings of 3% - 10% per stateroom; amount based on guest’s Le Club Voyage loyalty tier when ship and sail date are selected. Adventurer tier will receive 3%, Explorer tier will receive 4%, Discoverer will receive 5%, Discoverer Plus will receive 7%, and Discoverer Platinum will receive 10%. First-time guests may take advantage of this offer, but must enroll in the Le Club Voyage onboard to receive savings. The Azamara Passages Offers are combinable with Azamara Club Cruises general marketplace offers, back to back savings, and single supplement savings. The Azamara Passages Offers are not combinable with certain restricted fares. For combinability rules with other programs not mentioned above please consult your Onboard Cruise Sales Manager. Itineraries, embarkation and debarkation times may change without notice. The Azamara Passages Offers cannot be used for resale by Travel Partners or used by third parties and chartered voyages. The Azamara Passages account balance is not redeemable for cash. No changes or credits to the deposit or OBC amount will be made if a Passages reservation is changed or cancelled. The Azamara Passages Offers’ cancellation and change terms vary by guest’s country of residence and are available for residents of other countries; please contact your onboard Cruise Sales Manager for savings amounts and further details. International deposits and requirements may vary; please see your onboard Cruise Sales Manager for details and deposit policies. Terms may vary by country. OPEN PASSAGE: The Open Passage account balance may be applied against the cost of an Azamara individual or group cruise and is not valid on any other cruise line, including any other affiliates of Azamara Club Cruises. There is no expiration date on an Open Passage account. Open Passage does not apply to Restricted Rates. Once a ship and voyage date is selected for an Open Passage account and the guest cancels for any reason, the guest may apply for a refund subject to the terms of Azamara’s standard cancellation policy, less the amount of the deposit. Savings will be applied to booking after guest selects ship and voyage and booking details are finalized. At least one name on the original Azamara Passages Account must remain the same (no double name changes allowed). RESERVED PASSAGE: Under the Reserved Passage offer, guest will receive a $200 onboard credit per stateroom, which will be applied to the future cruise. OBC has no cash value, is non-transferable, not redeemable for cash and will expire if not used by 10:00 PM on the final night of the cruise. The sail date and ship can only be changed one booking is made. Single bookings will receive a pro-rated OBC based on the single supplement rate paid. Guests will have the ability to make multiple Azamara Passages bookings when onboard. Name changes for multiple Azamara Reserved Passages will be allowed for a 30 day period. The cancellation policy for multiple Azamara Reserved Passage bookings is the same as our normal cancellation policy stated above. For multiple Open Passages, once the ship and sail date are selected, normal name change and cancellation policies apply. Please see your onboard Cruise Sales Manager for more details. ©2015 Azamara Club Cruises. Ships registered in Malta."

Edited by Jade13