Questions-Taxi-Zoo-Beach~ Short time frame

bigsky

Trying to make plans of doing things on our own in Nassau. Since we don't have much time, 8-2 (back at ship 1:30) we're really pressed for time.

I think now we've decided to hit the zoo, beach, and just whatever else on our way back. Trying to figure out the best way transportation wise.

Maybe a cab to the zoo....beach that's close to the zoo or just have them drop us off at Junk beach and just walk back after that. Wasn't sure if there were cabs at the zoo to grab after we're done.

I'm thinking whatever will give us the most time at a beach unless Junk beach isn't worth going to?

We've been here many times, but always on an excursion or Atlantis. Never just did it on our own.

Any help would be appreciated. Wanted to grab some chocolate too if it's close by.

Thinking it would be much easier to grab a cab instead of taking the #10.

Will be there on a Sunday if that makes any difference~

Thanks!

We would take a cab to the zoo.

We spent about 2 hours at Ardastra Gardens & Zoo as we saw the Marching Flamingo show.

We would take a cab back to town if doing other things.

(We did take the Jitney back to the ship from the zoo, but it took too long.

There was quite a walk fro the zoo to the bus stop.)

Trying to make plans of doing things on our own in Nassau. Since we don't have much time, 8-2 (back at ship 1:30) we're really pressed for time.

I think now we've decided to hit the zoo, beach, and just whatever else on our way back. Trying to figure out the best way transportation wise.

Maybe a cab to the zoo....beach that's close to the zoo or just have them drop us off at Junk beach and just walk back after that. Wasn't sure if there were cabs at the zoo to grab after we're done.

I'm thinking whatever will give us the most time at a beach unless Junk beach isn't worth going to?

We've been here many times, but always on an excursion or Atlantis. Never just did it on our own.

Any help would be appreciated. Wanted to grab some chocolate too if it's close by.

Thinking it would be much easier to grab a cab instead of taking the #10.

Will be there on a Sunday if that makes any difference~

Thanks!

Went to the zoo on my last cruise in May. We took the #10 Jitney. The stop for the zoo is right in front of the fish fry and you will have to walk about a half mile (more or less) the area is a little sketchy, but we had no issues (2 single girls) The zoo is small but worth the visit! The flamingos alone are fantastic, but you can also feed the parrots! Awesome! After the zoo we walked back to the fish fry. We tried the conch, not a fan, but the frozen drinks were delicious! There were no cabs at the zoo. If you are on a time restraint a cab is probably your best bet, but you will have to schedule a pick up time. I believe Cabbage Beach is also on the #10 route. If you take the Jitney just ask your driver. They have always been very friendly and informative!