Picture-A-Week-2015 - Week 46

pierces

Great reflection!!

How do you like your SRX?

My XTS is 3 years old and it is time to get a new car.

Wish Cadillac would bring back the DTS cars.

This is our second SRX and we love it, no problems, plenty of room and the wife will have nothing else lol. We lease our car now, at over 70 years old we figure that leasing would be our best bet. The backup camera system is the best along with the other safety features for driving. Amazing how far we have come with driver safety features to help with day to day driving.

Tom :cool:

What is it? Clouds? Desert sand? Thing that's throwing me off is the straight line across the top.

Something on the ground between San Diego and Phoenix. Looks like desert sand but not sure what all the indentations are. Thought it was unusual and interesting.

This is our second SRX and we love it, no problems, plenty of room and the wife will have nothing else lol. We lease our car now, at over 70 years old we figure that leasing would be our best bet. The backup camera system is the best along with the other safety features for driving. Amazing how far we have come with driver safety features to help with day to day driving.

Tom :cool:

Tom

The reason I liked the DTS cars was because there was so much luggage room in the trunk. The XTS -- we can barely get 2 large suitcases in the trunk. Back seat we now have to put one large suitcase on top of the other one instead of side-by-side on the seat -- and that is getting very hard for DH to left suitcases that high.

Many years ago I wanted to lease a caddy but the owner of our dealership came and told me it wasn't worth it as they sell my old cars by the time we sign the check.

Cute and true story. One time I went in to have new windshield wipers put on a 2 year old Cadillac and my agent (whom we have used for over 30 years) came running into lounge and told me to go pick out a new car. I said "Donna -- what happened to my car -- I only came in for wipers". People in the lounge put down their papers, books, etc. I said "Donna -- what happened to my car?" She said "I sold it". Everyone turned to see my expression. "What?" -- oh yes -- Donna sold my car.

So home I go to get the papers and a check.

When Joe got home and opened the garage door he saw a different colored Cadillac. he asked what happened. OH -- nothing I responded -- Donna sold my car before I got the windshield wipers replaced.

That was when I discovered that at that time there was a man who followed me via Donna and was on the lookout for when he figured I would be buying a new car. he had since died, but Donna and Rob Cockran keep track of my low mileage cars and always have a buyer.

I love the bigger cars -- the XTS is too small.

Something on the ground between San Diego and Phoenix. Looks like desert sand but not sure what all the indentations are. Thought it was unusual and interesting.

So I had to look it up on Google Earth. Its the Sand Dunes just northwest of Yuma Arizona. The straight line in at the top of the photo is train tracks.

What is it? Clouds? Desert sand? Thing that's throwing me off is the straight line across the top.

I believe it is the Algodones Dunes area just east of Salton Sea. Big-time dune buggy mecca at one time....may still be. The dunes reshape themselves constantly depending on the weather.

Dave