Liberty of the seas 8 to 15 May

Just back from Liberty cruise and it was great. This was our second year in a row doing our anniversary on her and it was better than last year.

First off embarkation in Galveston was smooth arrived at port at 1045 on ship 1115 and in windjammer eating lunch. The food was very good in the windjammer, in previous threads some people posted it was not very good or it is always the same to quote Derek from the hoof and claw "its a Buffet" as always they had food for everyone making subtle changes each day such as the scramble eggs sometimes had shrimp or peppers and onions or cheese. The food was good and the service was great.

The cabins are as good as always all the complaining about the

mattress being to hard horse crap I emailed special needs and asked for a foam topper to be put on our bed and it was perfect unless you sleep on a super plush soft mattress you will be fine. We were in 8th deck balcony cabin aft starboard side quiet and great the water pressure was fine. Our room steward was Lenny he did a very good job very friendly.

My two children were on this cruise with us they had a promenade view cabin on 8th deck port side was nice and roomy when they got to it the beds were together they talked to there steward Neval and it was taken care of asap, they loved it. This was there first cruise. I was surprised at how much room they had in there, but I will never give up my balcony.

The new improvements on the ship are great, the water slides are so much fun my son and I raced in them the tidal wave still not working. The Voom internet is faster but still not as fast as most would like I did not use it I disconnect on board but my son used it.

My wife and I renewed our vows on board and I have read were it was nothing but problems not true Ashely was our onboard coordinator and she was great and very professional she personally attended to every one of my wifes details and made it perfect.

Dinners in mdr my time dining was great we made our reservation online ahead of time no problems at all we showed up on first night and were sat immediately our head waiter was Abel he was great usually you hardly see them at your table he checked in with us several times a night. On the first night my son asked for linguine alfredo he had it made and it was so good Abel had it sent up for my son and me as a appetizer every night. Margaret was our wattress she was wonderful always had a smile very personable she really made our dinners great. The food was very good cooked to perfection. We had our anniversary dinner at chops the steaks were cooked to perfection the service was amazing as always.

The shows were very good the ice show was our favorite, Nick lewin a comedy magic show was really good. Derek Lewis in the hoof and claw was great he even got my kids up to sing.

I spent a lot of time in the hoof and claw if you go by there say hi to Bali and Dennis they are great Bali makes some of the best drinks on the ship. When I would walk in they always had a Bullet bourbon waiting it was like when Norm walked in to Cheers. These two guys made my cruise very energetic and upbeat.

For the ladies on one was formal nights the jewelry store on board gave the wife a loaner necklace she went to dinner wearing $18000.00 worth of tanzanite around her neck, there was no pressure to buy they did because the hoped we would buy so if you want a little extra bling goe for it speak to Inran.

Adam and Kate the port shopping guides and are very good and a lot of fun, they really love there jobs and are good at it.

My son and I did the all access tour fun and interesting.

Ports of call

Roatan was great we used Victor Bodden tours great Centrol our driver was great we did the private tour just the for of us in a van $25. per person for 5 hours anywhere we wanted to go we saw the iguana refuge there are thousands of them there you can feed them and pet them. Than we went to Victors and saw his monkeys you get to go in the cages and have fun with them they are great and fun, also has birds deer and rabbits, it was great than we saw the rest of island they are great. If you want to buy diamonds that is a good place to buy.

Cozumel was awesome we used Santiago Zapata was our driver there he was great when we stopped to shop he was like a watch dog never letting anybody bother us. he took us to tequila tasteing and chocolate place where we made our own chocolate and learned about the history a lot of fun then we toured the island. I got to tell you a private driver is the way to go.

Belize we just spent time in the port area it is very nice, the tendering was very quick.

If anybody has questions I will be happy to answer them.

Great review! Thanks for taking the time to let us hear what you thought about the ship, the food and the service.

Is the All Access Pass similar to Carnival's Behind the Fun that takes you on a "behind the scenes" tour of the ship? If so, what was the cost and, in your opinion, was it worth it?

The tour takes you through out the bridge, engineering spaces, store rooms, galley, backstage of the theater stage. it was $150 per person and really cool if you do it once on a ship you probably will not want to do it again.

Great review! I'm interested in the details on your vow renewal as our 2 week b2b cruise on LOS in Oct is just 3 days after our 36th anniversary. Did you have to set it up before hand and was there a cost involved? Would love whatever details you can share!

Thanks

For our vow renewal we went through royal weddings on RCCL website they were great we used the just us package it is $850 if you email royal weddings through Royal web site that will start the process. Jillian Dees was our royal weddings coordinator than when we got on the ship we dealt with Ashley onboard she was great my wife loved her the bouquet she brought on board was damaged and Ashley fixed the bouquet and layed out my wife's dress setting up phots and music and champagne breakfast in bed also set up the cake than had it delivered to Chops for us. After the ceremony the photographer follows you around the ship and does pictures where ever you want than sets up on a dvd which you can purchase. it was worth it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
For our vow renewal we went through royal weddings on RCCL website they were great we used the just us package it is $850 if you email royal weddings through Royal web site that will start the process. Jillian Dees was our royal weddings coordinator than when we got on the ship we dealt with Ashley onboard she was great my wife loved her the bouquet she brought on board was damaged and Ashley fixed the bouquet and layed out my wife's dress setting up phots and music and champagne breakfast in bed also set up the cake than had it delivered to Chops for us. After the ceremony the photographer follows you around the ship and does pictures where ever you want than sets up on a dvd which you can purchase. it was worth it.

Glad to hear your positive feedback! We are having our vow renewal this October with RCCL and was assigned to Jillian as the planner. How's your experience with her?