If Celebrity ceased to exist ... what would you do?

cl.klink

right, so I've liked Celebrity and I would like to see what else I would like. What I'm trying to think about is what line I should try. I sailed HAL and it was OK but I liked Celebrity better. So, I'd like to try something I'd like better than Celebrity. It's an expensive "trial and error" approach so Want to make the most of it.

- joel

We hear ya :). Having cruised an awful lot of lines we have found pros and cons to each line and even specific ships. None has been perfect (although the Azamara Journey was close a few years ago) but our decision making is based on several factors other then cruise line. In the Caribbean we prefer X and try to take at least one 14 day X cruise each year. But when it comes to the rest of the World (we have cruised on 6 continents)...we find that itinerary (and price) often take center stage in our decison making. And the difference in ships is huge. For example, while we would be happy to never cruise on the Rotterdam again, we would be happy to return to our beloved ole Prinsendam in a heartbeat. And on Princess we recently discovered that we really prefer their Grand Class ships over the newer Regal/Royal design. And we could probably write a book about another 30+ ships and their pros/cons.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

If X disappeared we'd still sleep at night & go on other cruise lines as we already have. Unfortunately for our bank account, we've started to enjoy smaller ship upscale lines such as Regent, Oceania and Azamara. We do prefer X over the other mass market lines.

I'd just start doing all inclusive resorts then. I could go back to Carnival if I felt like cruising, but probably not. The other lines out there really do not appeal to me, at least not to the point to be willing to give them thousands of my hard earned dollars.

If something stops we find an alternative.