any one else not pre-selected for dining on quantum?

I called back to the 'Quantum Dining' number direct and they had been trained on the booking process and were dedicated to this task now.

Clearly though, some of them need additional training. Case in point: I called today to see if we were randomly selected and we were. Made res for us and a couple we are traveling with for each night and was told an email confirmation would be sent but it wasn't. Called back a few hours later and the rep said nothing was showing so she re-did all the bookings. As expected, she asked for a credit card for the specialty reservations, but the first rep I spoke to earlier did not. I probably should have questioned it then but I just figured maybe with the new system maybe they were actually allowing people to make res without paying up front. Long story short- the fact that the first rep didn't get a credit card number is obviously the reason why none of the res actually went through, yet she told me we were confirmed. :rolleyes:

I called today as I have a November sailing on Quantum and was told I was not part of the pre-selected group. I am quite nervous about the more 'freestyle' concept but I trust RCCL to get it better than NCL. As others have said, I hope when they say that times are running out that it's because they have only released a small percentage of availability.

I strongly suspect that's the case. We have often tried to make specialty res ahead of time, only to be told the only open times are 5:30 or 9:00. When that happens, we either don't book, or we take one of those times, and then once onboard we have ALWAYS been able to book/change to a more desirable time. That fact, combined with the assumption that they are just trying to get a feel for demand etc. tells me that ALL the times are NOT going to be booked up. Will everyone be able to get their absolute first choice of time for every single restaurant and every single night of the cruise? Of course not! And Royal may find they have to tweak the process to get things to even out better, either through offering incentives to book certain restaurants or certain times, or who knows what. I do think that as long as people are willing to have some flexibility though, they'll find that eventually they'll be able to be successful with their dining reservations. :)