any one else not pre-selected for dining on quantum?

I received "the call" also..We are on the April 24, 2015 sailing....a ways off. Able to book grande, American Icon, Silk, Chic and Coastal Kitchen (twice) all at our 545 pm time. We are Diamond but in a balcony room for this cruise. Coastal Kitchen is complimentary to jr suites and above but any one can book it for a fee. It is not an exclusive restaurant for the "rich and famous"! It appears no different than if I were to book Chops or Chefs Table.....make a reservation, pay the fee. We were not asked to pay when I booked Coastal Kitchen, but will pay if required later. Maybe they are testing the system to see what fills up, as someone mentioned earlier. Maybe the selection was random to get a true sampling of their guests. I think it is funny how some get really P O'd that someone is able to book before them. The lady I talked to indicated there were lots of times/spaces to book. I feel sorry for R.C.I., they can't win for trying something new!

So she told you on the phone call that there would be a fee? Because there was no mention of a fee when I booked it with a D cabin.

They are charging for specialty restaurant bookings at time of booking and I do not expect to get a charge for a 'complementary' venue, as listed on their website. We shall see, but I can not imagine that this yet another twist will come to be fact.

So she told you on the phone call that there would be a fee? Because there was no mention of a fee when I booked it with a D cabin.

Not only was there no mention, it shows on your pre-cruise planner, if you click on the reservation.

Prices starting from:

*0.00 USD

Per Person

Hours of Operation:

n/a

Hours may vary according

to the ship and itinerary.

Restrictions: N/A

I did not say I was charged when I booked Coastal Kitchen and the agent did not say I would be charged a fee....I was not and it does appear as 0.00 USD on our printed out reservations. We are Diamond and in a balcony. If you go to RCI website, hit Quantum of the Seas and then dining, you can view all restaurants and menus. In Coastal Kitchen it states that it is complimentary to Jr Suites and above and $$ icon for others. I guess about $25 pp to dine there. I was stating that if later on, they want to charge me, I will pay it....no complaining from me, but I do have my printed copy as proof!!

Has anyone looked at the menus? We have and I cannot recall if I saw any of the "cold soups" ( watermelon, peach, etc.) or escargot on any of the menus. Cannot recall seeing many of the "hot soups" that are on current MDR menus.

Someone else check it out , maybe we did not see everything.

I did not say I was charged when I booked Coastal Kitchen and the agent did not say I would be charged a fee....I was not and it does appear as 0.00 USD on our printed out reservations. We are Diamond and in a balcony. If you go to RCI website, hit Quantum of the Seas and then dining, you can view all restaurants and menus. In Coastal Kitchen it states that it is complimentary to Jr Suites and above and $$ icon for others. I guess about $25 pp to dine there. I was stating that if later on, they want to charge me, I will pay it....no complaining from me, but I do have my printed copy as proof!!

Has anyone looked at the menus? We have and I cannot recall if I saw any of the "cold soups" ( watermelon, peach, etc.) or escargot on any of the menus. Cannot recall seeing many of the "hot soups" that are on current MDR menus.

According to this link http://www.royalcaribbean.com/quantumoftheseas/dining/restaurants/ this is what is shown for Coastal Kitchen under "Details":

Dress:SMART CASUAL

Meals Served:Breakfast, Lunch and DINNER

Price:Complimentary for Junior Suite Guests and above

When I go to Quantum under ships on the RCI website and click on Dining Options http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/experiencetypes/category.do?pagename=onboard_cat_dining_options it says the same thing under Details for Coastal Kitchen.

Edited by cruisenfever

Due to persistent posts on the roll-call of my sailing on Quantum that non-suite guests were being allowed to book, I called back.

While the agent was informing me of the same information I had received yesterday another agent overheard the nature of the call. She asked me to hold as new information was just now being made available.

They are allowing bookings for non-suite guest now in Coastal Kitchen.

I am not sure if this is only through the 6th of April as previously reported or not. I did not want anyone to miss out do to my posting what I was told yesterday when I booked all my other reservations.

When companies test reservations systems and the like or even do focus groups or test panels for product development, it is not unusual to offer an 'incentive' to those involved.

I was very happy to book one evening in the Coastal Kitchen.

Thanks for the info. The other day I did call to do the reservations for my second Quantum sailing in April and the agent asked me if I wanted to book Coastal and encouraged it so I did and was happy I will be able to experience this venue as well.

I was selected for the test booking period and completed my reservations today. I was called at 2:30 pm EDT on Monday the 31st of March.

I am not D/D+ and am not in a suite. I travel solo on the QOS sailing. I have a history of frequent dining packages and bookings in the Chef's Table on almost every sailing where available. I am booked in a 'new SB " category.

I called back to the 'Quantum Dining' number direct and they had been trained on the booking process and were dedicated to this task now.

It is clearly stated in text and in their training that Coastal Kitchen is solely for those booked in JS or higher and their 'limited' guests in linked reservations.

As I had read posts on CC about the Coastal Kitchen, I was prepared to book it if allowed to do so.

The call started with a verification of all my details, cabin number and cabin type and C&A status. She said I was the first non-D+/D she personally had spoken with.

I asked to book the Coastal Kitchen for the first night and she replied, "Coastal Kitchen is only available to JS and above and not even D/D+ C&A members"

I then mentioned that it had been reported that they had opened this up to those of us selected to book early. She did notice that the system would allow her to book it, but she had been trained otherwise.

She sent an email to a supervisor and we went ahead and booked all my other reservations. I dine late and got everything I wanted on the first try. She did find some errors in the process (typos) and it was obvious that was one of the reasons they had opened this process. It was to make sure the system was not flawed prior to opening it to everyone and was a test run.

As I was paying for my Specialty Dining choices, she received a reply from the supervisor stating "CK is open ONLY to JS and above suite passengers" there was a notation. *CK may open to PINNACLE members in the future, but not at this time.

What is the Quantum dining tele #?

Thanks for the info. The other day I did call to do the reservations for my second Quantum sailing in April and the agent asked me if I wanted to book Coastal and encouraged it so I did and was happy I will be able to experience this venue as well.

Great news. Funny how we both hit the day when they were NOT booking Coastal Kitchen. Glad you got back in touch with them also.

I guess about $25 pp to dine there. I was stating that if later on, they want to charge me, I will pay it....no complaining from me, but I do have my printed copy as proof!!

Well then it would make sense to complain, wouldn't it?

They either made a mistake by letting non-suites book, and should cancel them, or they should adhere to the agreement they made when booked. They can't just decide later that they might as well charge for it.

swsf99a - I didn't see any of the "cold soups" either and I'm disappointed because I LOVE LOVE LOVE them. You know what else I noticed isn't there that I can see, even in Chops, is Prime Rib. Prime Rib night in the MDR was always our favorite. I don't recall seeing escargot but as I don't eat it, it's not something I would notice.

So can I just call the Dynamic Dining number and see if I can book since we're sailing April 5th?

You can call and see if you have been pre-selected. It will be noted on your booking if you have but only those on the other end of the line can see that information.:)

Dynamic Dining @1-877-812-3612

Thank you. I will give it a shot as I do not want to be shut out from the dining time that we're accustomed. Also, Is this the same # for the specialty restaurants?

swsf99a - I didn't see any of the "cold soups" either and I'm disappointed because I LOVE LOVE LOVE them. You know what else I noticed isn't there that I can see, even in Chops, is Prime Rib. Prime Rib night in the MDR was always our favorite. I don't recall seeing escargot but as I don't eat it, it's not something I would notice.

Those are interesting observations. I also enjoy the prime rib and DH LOVES the escargot. I would be disappointed if those items were no longer offered as well.

Those are interesting observations. I also enjoy the prime rib and DH LOVES the escargot. I would be disappointed if those items were no longer offered as well.

This board really needs a Dynamic Dining FAQ.

The menu's online are not full menu's. This has been stated by Mr. Goldstein. I'm sure there is Prime Rib onboard.

I just booked Costal Kitchen and I am on Dec 12-2014 sailing in Balcony stateroom, Even though on the Dynamic dinning on RCL website , it says free for Suites and above, But on my RCL reservation in my cruises it shows $0.00. I so I am confused, is It complimentary or I have to pay? If I have to pay for Costal Kitchen? Then how much?

Confusing!!!!

I just booked Costal Kitchen and I am on Dec 12-2014 sailing in Balcony stateroom, Even though on the Dynamic dinning on RCL website , it says free for Suites and above, But on my RCL reservation in my cruises it shows $0.00. I so I am confused, is It complimentary or I have to pay? If I have to pay for Costal Kitchen? Then how much?

Confusing!!!!

It has been said in another thread that RCCL would be cancelling Coastal Kitchen reservations made by non-suite guests. I'd be kinda suprised if they did that. I'd say if you made Coast Kitchen reservations, then they'll "eat the bullet" and let you dine there due to a problem on their end.

If you have booked Coastal Kitchen you will not pay. They charge for specialty dining at the time of booking only. That is why we could not book the Captain's Table. They are not ready to take payment so therefore no bookings.

It has been said in another thread that RCCL would be cancelling Coastal Kitchen reservations made by non-suite guests. I'd be kinda suprised if they did that. I'd say if you made Coast Kitchen reservations, then they'll "eat the bullet" and let you dine there due to a problem on their end.

There was a great deal of confusion due to some being allowed to book and others being told absolutely not. They opened them up for all now in the test group as an incentive.

Those holding a booking in Coastal Kitchen will not be cancelled, nor will they be charged.

Hitaway4, Who is Mr. Goldstein? A CEO ?? Glad to know that the posted menus on the RCI website are not the full menus for the new dining areas!

I totally agree with MADflyer that those allowed to book are a test group to see what fills up and what is popular. This will let them plan how to handle the deluge on May 15th!

Hitaway4, Who is Mr. Goldstein? A CEO ?? Glad to know that the posted menus on the RCI website are not the full menus for the new dining areas!

I totally agree with MADflyer that those allowed to book are a test group to see what fills up and what is popular. This will let them plan how to handle the deluge on May 15th!

Mr Adam Goldstein as of today is President and COO

http://www.seatrade-insider.com/news/news-headlines/royal-caribbean-opens-new-opportunities-with-goldsteins-advance.html