any one else not pre-selected for dining on quantum?

:( called the number BUT could not book dining times...i was told only certain people were allowed and i was not one of them :mad:

Yes. The number was intended currently for those receiving a message that they have been selected for a test of the booking of the dynamic dining venues. General bookings open on May 15th. They always leave a message if you are not available to take their call and are selected.

I just got called but I told her I had already made my reservations. It was a 954 number and I almost didn't answer it.

I received a call from a 954 number. 954-628-9999 to be exact. It was on April 1. I was at sea on the Explorer so I didn't answer it. I had just booked the Quantum that morning so I don't think I would have gotten the phone call so quickly. I called Crown & Anchor tonight and I am not preselected. :( But I wonder what the 954 call was regarding.

Edited by kahliasmom

Am I the only one out there that thinks this pre selection thing is unfair.?

I keep reading how this one is excited and that one got their times and here the rest of sit on the side lines not because we not at the right membership level which I would have been fine with there should be perks and not because we didn't book a suite again something I would be fine with but simple because I was not chosen by a computer. I think we have been incredible patient waiting for our chance. And now I am reading that when it finally does come down to our turn we will not be able to book coastal kitchen again because a computer decided we shouldn't? Every day I sit here i am more and more convinced I should just cancel.the whole thing is leaving a bad taste in my After all everyone is suppose to treated equally and fairly. I guess I am just venting but wondering if I am alone?

I would have liked to try Coastal Kitchen but I am happy for the non suite guests that are getting to try it. Good for them I say. I think when you cruise long enough a good deal or upgrade comes your way one time or another. I like that it was random. I would have liked to have been selected but I wasn't. I choose to be happy for the people that were preselected like my parents on their April 2015 cruise. It will all work out.

Edited by kahliasmom

I received a call from a 954 number. 954-628-9999 to be exact. It was on April 1. I was at sea on the Explorer so I didn't answer it. I had just booked the Quantum that morning so I don't think I would have gotten the phone call so quickly. I called Crown & Anchor tonight and I am not preselected. :( But I wonder what the 954 call was regarding.

Well, that is Hollywood, FL area. They are calling from Oregon and do not have a number come up on presentation.

The only thing I know associated in Hollywood, FL with RCI is:

Royal Caribbean Production Studios

2700 Hollywood Blvd

Hollywood , FL 33020 US

So, unless you auditioned for the singers and dancers, probably something else.

I keep reading how this one is excited and that one got their times and here the rest of sit on the side lines not because we not at the right membership level which I would have been fine with there should be perks and not because we didn't book a suite again something I would be fine with but simple because I was not chosen by a computer. I think we have been incredible patient waiting for our chance. And now I am reading that when it finally does come down to our turn we will not be able to book coastal kitchen again because a computer decided we shouldn't? Every day I sit here i am more and more convinced I should just cancel.the whole thing is leaving a bad taste in my After all everyone is suppose to treated equally and fairly. I guess I am just venting but wondering if I am alone?

While I was one of the selected ones, it is very easy to see that the reason they have done this is so that they can test the passenger facing app for making reservations. RCCL does not have to great of a record when it comes to Tech issues, and I for one am happy to see that they are trying to find any bugs and glitches before they release it to the full passenger lists. If they didn't do this can you imagine the huge meltdown and frustration that would bounce through these boards - I shudder to think:eek:.

I think the randomness of the selection is also good because it is inherently fairer than saying "Diamond +" and up. My group is comprised of a Diamond, an Emerald, a Gold on the edge of Platinum and a 'this is my second cruise' Gold. The Emerald and the lowest Gold were selected to participate. I think it gives a good spectrum because many longer term/higher level cruisers eat more in the WJ or in specialty restaurants anyway.

JMHO:)

Nope, I wasn't too upset with the preselection thing since it sounds like the capacity was scaled with the number of invites to ensure they couldn't actually fill any time slots. It also seems to be entirely random which makes it fair. The Coastal Kitchen thing is what has me annoyed. It's one thing to allow people to do what everyone else is going to ahead of time but to give a venue away that they would not have access to later doesn't seem fair.

Nope, I wasn't too upset with the preselection thing since it sounds like the capacity was scaled with the number of invites to ensure they couldn't actually fill any time slots. It also seems to be entirely random which makes it fair. The Coastal Kitchen thing is what has me annoyed. It's one thing to allow people to do what everyone else is going to ahead of time but to give a venue away that they would not have access to later doesn't seem fair.

I agree with this. I'm less annoyed about the random selection process, than the fact that only certain non-suite guests will be allowed to dine in Coastal Kitchen. I think they should either maintain its suite only categorization or open it up to ALL who would like to dine there.

I think the Coastal Kitchen thing is two fold:

#1 - the truly random selection won't be a fair representation of suite residents, which could skew the numbers for the dining room

And

#2 - a reward for the amount of time spent waiting on hold and how long getting reservations entered takes. I know I spent a combined total of about 45 minutes on two calls waiting to talk to an agent and then bout 30 minutes with each agent so the process took me almost two hours. Just my thoughts:)

This response is only to Boston Lab Girl.

My husband and I totally agree this process was unfair. We booked Quantum the first day bookings were open (May28) and paid full deposit and booked a balcony for our Dec. 1 sailing. We are diamond+ and have five more RC bookings in the next year. We will be on the Explorer on May 15th and won't even be able to book dining until May 18th or so. At that time if we can't get reservations during our wanted times (5:45-7:45) at each of the "free" restaurants we are going to cancel. We do plan to do two specialty restaurants too. I know RC won't care. They'll resell my cabin for a higher price. All the people who pre booked don't care- they already have their reservations. Some did this by linking their reservation with someone who was preselected. If RC had to test this process they should have done it with the November and December reservations. Why do people need their dining booked now for an April 2015 reservation? Just wanted to let you know their are other couples who feel like you.

My husband and I totally agree this process was unfair. We booked Quantum the first day bookings were open (May28) and paid full deposit and booked a balcony for our Dec. 1 sailing. We are diamond+ and have five more RC bookings in the next year. We will be on the Explorer on May 15th and won't even be able to book dining until May 18th or so. At that time if we can't get reservations during our wanted times (5:45-7:45) at each of the "free" restaurants we are going to cancel. We do plan to do two specialty restaurants too. I know RC won't care. They'll resell my cabin for a higher price. All the people who pre booked don't care- they already have their reservations. Some did this by linking their reservation with someone who was preselected. If RC had to test this process they should have done it with the November and December reservations. Why do people need their dining booked now for an April 2015 reservation? Just wanted to let you know their are other couples who feel like you.

I guess I don't understand and I know your response wasn't to me but, if you're not on the same sailing that some have already pre-booked for and/or linked their reservations, how does that effect your sailing? In other words, how does my NYE sailing affect your Christmas sailing? <hypothetical>

Dear Beach ball,

thank you for responding. That is my game plan too if I can't get in I just move my booking to a different ship. Originally I thought Dd was great because you didn't have to decide until that night. Now it seems like everyone is making reservations so I feel like I have to also other wise there will be long waits. I know I don't want to drag around formal clothes if you are never going to get into grande.

Hopefully it will all work out. Enjoy your other cruises.

I would love if if on May 15 they only opened for Nov cruising to lower the volume and then couple days later Dec etc just so the system doesn't crash.

Happy cruising

E-mailed RCL dining to see if we could make restaurants reservations as we always dine in the first seating on our cruises. Nice rep. wrote back the following day advising "not to worry there will be plenty of early dining times available. " Asked a follow-up question on how early will the reservation process be available as I'm an early riser. Her response, it will be available when you are up. I'm hoping that is the case.

I would call again...different day, different agent..............different answer.

Just be prepared with all your requests............the rep i talked to never even said to me let me see if you are on the list or not......All she asked was for my reservation number, I also said I was Diamond plus. She then asked if I saw all the menu's online. I said yes I have I have the times and days for each already figured out, I'm ready when you are.

I was only on the phone about 8 minutes, no wait time at all, called on Wednesday about 10:30am.

Jimbo:)

Was preselected - missed the call phone went to voicemail. Phoned rci on hold for 40mins for the chap to tell me what the menus were in each restaurant then said i would have to wait til may 15th to book them. Will try c&a tomorrow, suspect different operators have different answers. The chap hadnt even heard of dynamic dining and had to speak to a colleague!

I couldn't agree with you more and I may be a bit slow but I really don't understand why you will have a preselection for dinning unless you anticipate chaos and foresee certain groups not being able to have the freedom to choice when and where they want to eat. I guess money is the modern day discrimination.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I couldn't agree with you more and I may be a bit slow but I really don't understand why you will have a preselection for dinning unless you anticipate chaos and foresee certain groups not being able to have the freedom to choice when and where they want to eat. I guess money is the modern day discrimination.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Folks.. They are testing out the new dining system to work out the kinks before it goes live May 15th. This ship accommodates close to 4,300 passengers per sailing and they opened up the reservation system for probably less then 10% of the capacity for each sailing randomly. Plus, remember you all seem to forget the these sailings probably aren't sold out yet. Have faith folks and don't let this dining uncertainty cloud your anticipation of the new ship.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using forums app

I've said it before and I will say it again...when you call, they are putting your information into the passenger facing system looking for technical glitches etc. Based on RCCLs history with tech problems I personally feel this was a good choice. Can you imagine all the hue and fuss if they didn't do this and just launched everything live on 5/15 and it crashed for weeks (which can happen if the system is poorly designed):confused::mad:.

When I was talking to the CVPs I could hear them muttering to themselves stuff like 'oh that's not supposed to happen' or ' that doesn't look right' and making notes. Additionally, one of them kept having the system crash and had to go in and out of it. Just think - they've received some sort of training on the system and are having issues - imagine what would happen to us when we start booking and don't have the training?

Just my thoughts - fire away:p

While the Loyalty program is a part of RCI's marketing, this test is not based on loyalty and has nothing to do with giving a small group some privilege. This is an operational test.

While some here are accustomed to 'privilege' as they have what they feel is superior status to others, most of us selected were very excited to participate in this test.

They need to also see all the data related to these test bookings for their planning. They have a new product and need to see how it is will work both for the benefit of those passengers participating in the test and for all future passengers enjoyment.

The booking patterns of Dynamic Dining will also give them information for the planning of all shipboard opening hours, entertainment and activities.

They also have a 2nd and 3rd ship in the same class being built and may need to even consider adaptions to their plans based on this data.

I think the percentage of bookings being tested is actually under 3 % and they would want to get a large sample across all booking categories, regions, age groups and previous cruise history.

While I was not first allowed to book Coastal Kitchen and fully understood why, I think one of the problems they discovered quickly was that some of the early test candidates did get to book. They were not promoting Coastal Kitchen to those of us that called back, but when we noted later that others had been allowed to book, they let us book as well. This step, I feel, was done to avoid issues within the test group and not in some way to 'slight' passengers that were not selected for the random test.

I think they are willing to face the few cancellations they will have over this fact as they know they will avoid many more future cancellations by avoiding any major issues with the roll-out of this exciting new product.

Just wanted to add that Coastal Kitchen is complimentary to Jr suites and above but it can still be booked as a pay restaurant by anyone! People are freaking out....I was able to book early and the lady indicated lots of availability. Those CC"s who read this site will be on the ball for May 15th to book their dining. I am not sure how others will be notified or even be aware of the May 15th date to go online. Many cruisers put off dining, excursions, and beverage reservations until shortly before the cruise.

While the Loyalty program is a part of RCI's marketing, this test is not based on loyalty and has nothing to do with giving a small group some privilege. This is an operational test.

While some here are accustomed to 'privilege' as they have what they feel is superior status to others, most of us selected were very excited to participate in this test.

They need to also see all the data related to these test bookings for their planning. They have a new product and need to see how it is will work both for the benefit of those passengers participating in the test and for all future passengers enjoyment.

The booking patterns of Dynamic Dining will also give them information for the planning of all shipboard opening hours, entertainment and activities.

They also have a 2nd and 3rd ship in the same class being built and may need to even consider adaptions to their plans based on this data.

I think the percentage of bookings being tested is actually under 3 % and they would want to get a large sample across all booking categories, regions, age groups and previous cruise history.

While I was not first allowed to book Coastal Kitchen and fully understood why, I think one of the problems they discovered quickly was that some of the early test candidates did get to book. They were not promoting Coastal Kitchen to those of us that called back, but when we noted later that others had been allowed to book, they let us book as well. This step, I feel, was done to avoid issues within the test group and not in some way to 'slight' passengers that were not selected for the random test.

I think they are willing to face the few cancellations they will have over this fact as they know they will avoid many more future cancellations by avoiding any major issues with the roll-out of this exciting new product.

The "few privileged" how the heck were you selected if you are not one of them.

Just wanted to add that Coastal Kitchen is complimentary to Jr suites and above but it can still be booked as a pay restaurant by anyone! People are freaking out....I was able to book early and the lady indicated lots of availability. Those CC"s who read this site will be on the ball for May 15th to book their dining. I am not sure how others will be notified or even be aware of the May 15th date to go online. Many cruisers put off dining, excursions, and beverage reservations until shortly before the cruise.

Where did you get this info? My understanding was that CK was going to be exclusive for suite guests.