LFK VIP Package

davidswife

Hi all, my MIL and FIL are taking DH and I on a cruise in honor of me beating breast cancer last year! I've just come across swimming with Simba the jaguar at Little French Key and HAVE to do this! I see from their website it's included in the VIP package. This isn't something my in-laws would be interested in, however, we'd still love for them to come spend the day with us at the key.

Under the description of the VIP package it states "Your own VIP area with personal waiter." If they purchased a lesser package, will they be restricted to a different part of the key than us? Worst-case scenario is we don't take advantage of that particular feature I suppose.

I'm waiting for LFK to contact me, but I was curious if anyone could give me some insight.

Thanks!

I have no idea how the VIP package works, we usually purchase the $88 package. I know that they have built several little places up in the air around the animal cages, but can't picture where else they would put a VIP person on the grounds that would be their own area unless it's that (which over looks the animal grounds/yard area and not the ocean).

However, if you decide not to do the VIP package, just know that you could purchase any of the packages and once you are there just pay for the jaguar swim separate. Anyone can add on the swim if they want. It was $35 when we were there about 4 months ago. :)

Mitsugirly, thank you SO much for your reply and the great info! Here I thought we had to purchase the VIP in order to swim with Simba. Great to know we can just add it on for such a small fee! Thanks again!

You are very welcome. I just had to go to their site to see what this "VIP" package was since I hadn't really heard about it before. It looks like they have added a "new" section on the island for the VIP people along with bundling some of the "add-ons" in the package.

I also noticed some really neat "new" things since we were there 4 months ago. They have added another platform/sun deck with another jumping area, swinging ropes and will have a slide. :eek: It sounds like a lot of fun! Please report back and let us know how things are. :D

Yes, please report back or if you write a review please include the link. It is along way out but the swim with Simba sounds divine with me that is if I can stand up in the water and it is not too deep.

mitsugirly, can you give me some information if you have any on LFK. It has been 5 years since Roatan. We used Victor Bodden before but this time we wanted to just enjoy the beach.

Yes, please report back or if you write a review please include the link. It is along way out but the swim with Simba sounds divine with me that is if I can stand up in the water and it is not too deep.

mitsugirly, can you give me some information if you have any on LFK. It has been 5 years since Roatan. We used Victor Bodden before but this time we wanted to just enjoy the beach.

You can stand in the water where they do the swims with Simba at. No worries. It's not really a "swim" for you, just for him sometimes. :D

Here's the depth of the water...as you can see, they people in the water doing the swim with him and down in the water, but the real height of the water you can tell by the guy that handles him...because he is standing up.

PB110017%20copy-L.jpg

What type of information are you looking for? I can try to help. I have 2 reviews that are in my signature line that you can read and get a better feel for the place. They have TONS of pictures. :)

You can stand in the water where they do the swims with Simba at. No worries. It's not really a "swim" for you, just for him sometimes. :D

Here's the depth of the water...as you can see, they people in the water doing the swim with him and down in the water, but the real height of the water you can tell by the guy that handles him...because he is standing up.

PB110017%20copy-L.jpg

What type of information are you looking for? I can try to help. I have 2 reviews that are in my signature line that you can read and get a better feel for the place. They have TONS of pictures. :)

As usual you are absolutely the best! Needless to say this "way way" into her 60's Grandma will enjoy this birthday cruise swim. Thanks again for the pictures, video, and of course all of the reviews I read by you.

As usual you are absolutely the best! Needless to say this "way way" into her 60's Grandma will enjoy this birthday cruise swim. Thanks again for the pictures, video, and of course all of the reviews I read by you.

Thanks and glad I could help. I hope you have a wonderful time and birthday cruise swim. :D

Just booked our LFK stay for our cruise in July. We chose the $88 one and will add on other items that day if we feel like it. Saw that video you posted a couple days ago and it looks like even more fun :)

Edited by Martini Mom

We were there in January (my 4th time to Roatan) and this was far and away my favorite day of the cruise! LFK was fantastic! We bought $55 package and got add'l 10% off because we were with a group. Once there we purchased kayak ($25 entire day) and our whole group took turns using it and jaguar swim $35. You can also purchase food separately from the bar. 6cfe427eec1b996dedff3d28c653ab3d.jpg95f77d1625fbadeedae13c304e07e55b.jpg0ac5aef6568c49abfb0382984d669a9a.jpg416439a1286d7eb5b8228633c8b1bb11.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have no idea how the VIP package works, we usually purchase the $88 package. I know that they have built several little places up in the air around the animal cages, but can't picture where else they would put a VIP person on the grounds that would be their own area unless it's that (which over looks the animal grounds/yard area and not the ocean).

However, if you decide not to do the VIP package, just know that you could purchase any of the packages and once you are there just pay for the jaguar swim separate. Anyone can add on the swim if they want. It was $35 when we were there about 4 months ago. :)

Your pictures and feedback is extremely helpful!

Regarding the Simba swim I had a couple questions . . .

1. did you take your photos or do they take photos for you? If their pix, how much were they?

2. Were there any restrictions on photos or video at LFK?

3. Do they have lockers where you can secure things like camera bags at LFK?

Your pictures and feedback is extremely helpful!

Regarding the Simba swim I had a couple questions . . .

1. did you take your photos or do they take photos for you? If their pix, how much were they?

2. Were there any restrictions on photos or video at LFK?

3. Do they have lockers where you can secure things like camera bags at LFK?

We personally did not do the swim but we were in the water with them...about 5 feet away and took our pictures.

I'm pretty sure they don't take pictures for you at all. You can take as many as you want and everyone use's their own camera.

No restrictions on photos or videos.

No lockers there that I'm aware of. But if you are doing something like the snorkeling tour or horseback riding or whatever, they will put your things with an employee behind the bar if you ask.

:)

We personally did not do the swim but we were in the water with them...about 5 feet away and took our pictures.

I'm pretty sure they don't take pictures for you at all. You can take as many as you want and everyone use's their own camera.

No restrictions on photos or videos.

No lockers there that I'm aware of. But if you are doing something like the snorkeling tour or horseback riding or whatever, they will put your things with an employee behind the bar if you ask.

:)

That's what I needed to know. I have a website on family travel photography so I don't like going places where you can't take your own pictures.

Can't wait for a chance to meet Simba - I got the chance to play with a tiger cub recently and swimming with a Jaguar would be awesome.

I'm a little nervous about leaving my camera equipment behind the bar though. My wife wants to do snorkeling and I may have to miss that so I can keep an eye on the camera bag.

One question - how do you get from the cruise ship to LFK? Just grab a taxi? I sent a note to LFK and they told me it was about 30 minutes from the RCC dock, but didn't offer any input on how to get there.

That's what I needed to know. I have a website on family travel photography so I don't like going places where you can't take your own pictures.

Can't wait for a chance to meet Simba - I got the chance to play with a tiger cub recently and swimming with a Jaguar would be awesome.

I'm a little nervous about leaving my camera equipment behind the bar though. My wife wants to do snorkeling and I may have to miss that so I can keep an eye on the camera bag.

One question - how do you get from the cruise ship to LFK? Just grab a taxi? I sent a note to LFK and they told me it was about 30 minutes from the RCC dock, but didn't offer any input on how to get there.

I'm sure if you have a camera bag or something with everything in it, they shouldn't have a problem with you taking it on the boat with you that they take you out to the reef on. I would ask them and see what they say.

With the package you buy, it includes your transportation. They pick you up by either a car or a bus. Where does RCC dock at? The same port at Coxenhole that NCL docks at I assume? You simply just walk right outside the gate at the port and there will be a LFK employee waiting for you (you'll recognize them by their shirts). :)

I'm sure if you have a camera bag or something with everything in it, they shouldn't have a problem with you taking it on the boat with you that they take you out to the reef on. I would ask them and see what they say.

With the package you buy, it includes your transportation. They pick you up by either a car or a bus. Where does RCC dock at? The same port at Coxenhole that NCL docks at I assume? You simply just walk right outside the gate at the port and there will be a LFK employee waiting for you (you'll recognize them by their shirts). :)

I'll have a camera bag - just get squeamish about leaving it on a boat while I go in the water. LOL I guess I could do that if the employees on the boat would keep the bag next to them.

RCC docks at Coxen Hole - They must have constant shuttle service with as many people as they must have coming off that ship.

I wasn't planning on doing a reservation - just buying tickets when we arrive - but I think I'll go ahead and get our names on their list ahead of time.

Several members of our group did the jaguar swim. We took all of our own pictures and video taped it. There were no restrictions on what you could film. They did not have a photographer when we were there (Jan. 2015). I also did not see any lockers there.

Edited by imluvncruzn

Several members of our group did the jaguar swim. We took all of our own pictures and video taped it. There were no restrictions on what you could film. They did not have a photographer when we were there (Jan. 2015). I also did not see any lockers there.

Thanks for the info! Did you enjoy your time at LFK? We're looking forward to being there.