Fees payable when you transact with overseas merchants in Aus dollars

The Aust post load and go product is a reasonable product and is ideal for those who want a non bank issued credit/debit card just be aware of any fees and charges for the card the post website or staff at your local PO will be able to provide more info.

Enjoy your trip.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

cheers OZ

Cheers,its getting a bit late to order C/Cards from banks.These seemed quick and secure.:)

I say go for the Citibank Plus Card. No need to load with various currencies just load with Aussie dollars and withdraw in local currency at any ATM overseas.

Apply online and you should have your card in a week, maybe 2 weeks max.

A fee free MC operated by GE Finance (mind you there is a 95c transaction fee if you make payments to your account via BPay.

Only just found out about this when I made a payment to my 28 degree account yesterday to pay off some tours in Hawaii. Saw the charge on my statement from a previous payment so flipped over to making payments via a direct debit instead (no charges).

How long has this 95c charge been in place? Has it been there in the past and I've just not noticed?

St George also charge the foreign currency surcharge. Found that out the hard way when prebooking an excursion with Royal Caribbean. You prepay to try and save money and avoid the nasty shock of bad exchange rates so this was really unexpected. I've prepaid with Princess many times without incurring the fee. From now on it's back to our Cash Passport for foreign and Load & Go for AUS.

Edited by wishfulone

A fee free MC operated by GE Finance (mind you there is a 95c transaction fee if you make payments to your account via BPay.

Only just found out about this when I made a payment to my 28 degree account yesterday to pay off some tours in Hawaii. Saw the charge on my statement from a previous payment so flipped over to making payments via a direct debit instead (no charges).

How long has this 95c charge been in place? Has it been there in the past and I've just not noticed?

It's been there a couple of months, July I think.

Some people were making excessive BPAY transactions and as each costs 28Degrees a fee, they passed it on to discourage that.

It's been there a couple of months, July I think.

Some people were making excessive BPAY transactions and as each costs 28Degrees a fee, they passed it on to discourage that.

? excessive BPAY transactions. Isn't it usually only one payment per month?

So I'm resurrecting this one again.

Am interested in Aus/Post travel,load and go Visa cards.

Seem quite reasonable.

Anyone with any experience with these.:)

We've never had a problem with the Cash Passport sold at the PO. We've used it across Europe, Asia, the States and online. There are no fees if you pay for goods or services directly but there's a variable charge for using an ATM. The ATMs on board the cruise ships don't charge a huge fee if any. Varies by cruise line of course, but on land the fees can be fairly high. In the long run it's a cheap price to pay for security. We keep Euros, USD, GBP and AUD loaded and top up whatever we need, when we need it. If you load by direct debit there are no fees.

We use the Load & Go card a lot for local purchases online. Aussie dollars. IT's safe, no fees and you just go to the PO and add more dollars as you need them. Both cards have long expiry dates then it's just a matter of rolling them over.

We've never had a problem with the Cash Passport sold at the PO. We've used it across Europe, Asia, the States and online. There are no fees if you pay for goods or services directly but there's a variable charge for using an ATM. The ATMs on board the cruise ships don't charge a huge fee if any. Varies by cruise line of course, but on land the fees can be fairly high. In the long run it's a cheap price to pay for security. We keep Euros, USD, GBP and AUD loaded and top up whatever we need, when we need it. If you load by direct debit there are no fees.

We use the Load & Go card a lot for local purchases online. Aussie dollars. IT's safe, no fees and you just go to the PO and add more dollars as you need them. Both cards have long expiry dates then it's just a matter of rolling them over.

Love what you are saying Wish,thanks for the advice:):)

We just got back from our cruise on the Caribbean Princess and used the Citi Bank Plus card for the land component of our trip withdrawing cash and making purchases when needed without any problems and am delighted with the product.

? excessive BPAY transactions. Isn't it usually only one payment per month?

That's usually all you need.

Some people were making transactions for every purchase transaction they made. As that was costing 28 degrees a lot of money, they passed the fee on if you make the payment yourself.

Love what you are saying Wish,thanks for the advice:):)

Just a word of warning. Don't use the Cash Passport as your on board account credit card or at hotel reception desks. Cruise lines in particular have a tendency to put a hold on your card and it stays that way for up to a month whether you've settled in cash or not. Hotels also hold in the currency of the country you're in and you can end up without your holiday money. We hand over an unlinked credit card and always settle in cash.