where / how to purchase bus tickets for Airport Flyer in MIA

trish1c

We want to take the bus to Collins Ave. I have been to the website & downloaded the route. I know the fare.

What I don't know & can't figure out is the mechanics of purchasing a ticket. Are there booths? Is there a machine? Do we give cash to the driver when we board?

$5 for two people to get to South Beach with luggage seems like a steal! :D we're used to public transportation with luggage so mobility logistics are not a problem

Thanks in advance.

found this on their webpage

Express bus service to Miami Beach is available from the Miami International Airport Metrorail Station (link) via the Miami Beach Airport Flyer (Route 150). Board the bus on the ground level of the MIA Metrorail station. The Miami Beach Airport Flyer travels south on Miami Beach from 41 Street to South Pointe Drive.

http://www.miamidade.gov/transit/airport-connection-faq.asp#Express

LHT28

With some more digging using that link I was able to ascertain that I can pay in cash when I board the bus but I must have dollar bills & quarters.

However, I still don't understand how / where I could acquire an EZTicket (which is different than an EXCard / monthly pass). If somebody could confirm that there will be machines, that would be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

This ended up being so easy. We were thrilled.

You follow the purple signs for the Miami Mover. Until I saw it, I didn't completely understand that this is the on-site monorail system for the airport.

You go to the end, which is the only stop then follow the signs. There were machines & a ticket booth. There was even a helpful employee who assisted those who didn't quite understand the vending machines.

The bus itself took us to within 1.5 blocks of our hotel. Very Very simple. So glad we did this.

One drawback, they lied about the availability of luggage storage on the bus. It was quite crowded.

I ended up being one of the most popular passengers :o because I printed out the route map from the link above so every other tourist wanted to see. I left the print out on the bus when we got off at our stop