Island Post refurb cabin ?

Tamara

We have a BE cabin 711 on the Aloha deck on the Island Princess that was added after the refurb. (The area was originally part of the youth center). I have read that some of the newly added cabins have a slightly larger shower than the original cabins do. If you have stayed in one of these cabins can you please tell me if this is so and if there are any other differences between the original cabins and the new ones.Thank you.

We stayed in one of the new balcony cabins on the Promenade deck. Yes, the shower is slightly larger and there's a small ledge for us ladies that need to shave their legs. The television is wall-mounted at the foot of the bed, making it nicer to lay on the bed and watch a movie. Also, on the Promenade deck balconies, the original teak decking was left in place, so no hard blue plastic squares. And our balcony was about fifty square feet, so nice and big. The mattress was soft and fluffy, which we prefer. Loved the new cabin.:hearteyes:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm new to this board.

Trying to decide on a cruise for our upcoming Alaska trip in end of June.

How did you know prior to the booking if there are some newly renovated/refurbished rooms. Can you please educate me on this?

I have been on two cruise ships (two different ones) 10-13 years back. I felt very claustrophobic after the first day and got sick.

Want to try this cruise trip after long time. That's why I'm trying to be very careful in selecting a cruise line.

Looking at a cruisetour pkg with a 7 night SB trip from Anchorage/Whittier/Seward to VC.

Glacier Bay is a must for my itinerary.

Hi,

I'm new to this board.

How did you know prior to the booking if there are some newly renovated/refurbished rooms. Can you please educate me on this?

I have been on two cruise ships (two different ones) 10-13 years back. I felt very claustrophobic after the first day and got sick.

Want to try this cruise trip after long time. That's why I'm trying to be very careful in selecting a cruise line.

Looking at a cruisetour pkg with a 7 night SB trip from Anchorage/Whittier/Seward to VC.

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

The ship discussed above Island Princess had a major drydock that has been discussed here on Cruise Critic.

The controversial and extreme changes made to this ship are a highly contentious subject.

Here is a link to one of the discussions.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2127734&highlight=island+princess+drydock

On the Princess main page there is a link upper right that says "SEARCH FORUM".

This is a great way to find something you are interesting in with key words.

FYI, the cabins added in the aft during the "hack job" are Royal/Regal Cabins and very nice compared to the old cabins. I did not take notice of the shower size. but likely has the shelf. My big issue was with vibration that was horrible (IMO) ... YMMV (I know not everyone is bothered by vibration)

• 5 weeks later...

My husband and I stayed in a new cabin D727, aft. He was bothered by vibration not me.

The shower was slightly bigger with shelf. It has a great view, blockage to the left but clear to right and back.

Hi,

I'm new to this board.

It doesn't matter where the cabin is located or if there is a storm or completely flat seas - I would get seasick.I use the TransdermScop patch behind my ear. We've been through really rough weather - many of the "iron stomach" folks took to their beds feeling queasy - and I never got sick. Like the stupid TV ads for medications say, "Ask your doctor if xxxxxxx is right for you!". Seriously though, ask if TransdermScop (also called the seasick patch) is right for you. It is the only reason I can cruise and, with it, I never get sick at all. Without it I would (really!) get sick while docked due to the tiny little motion of the ship.