Carnival pride

jaynedough26

Hey everone. First time cruiser. Very excited. Taking the carnival pride out of baltimore for A 7 day eastern caribbean cruise. Turks and caicos and the bahamas. June 15th. Anyone else going? What can i expect my deck level is main with a balcony. I am planning on getting the cheers program.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hey everone. First time cruiser. Very excited. Taking the carnival pride out of baltimore for A 7 day eastern caribbean cruise. Turks and caicos and the bahamas. June 15th. Anyone else going? What can i expect my deck level is main with a balcony. I am planning on getting the cheers program.

Welcome to Cruise Critic. There is a link in my signature to my review of our Pride sailing. We had a balcony on the main deck and loved it, especially when DW saw dolphins swimming next to the ship. We enjoyed the Pride and would sail on her again.

Here's a link to your roll call http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1999023

Edited by sparks1093

Carnival Pride was my very first cruise ship and I loved it. I think we were on Main as well with a balcony. Didn't see any dolphins, but loved to sit out there in the chair and read. The balcony won't be big enough for a lounger, though. You'll only get a chair and maybe a leg rest and small round table. Storage is good in the cabin. Stow your luggage under your bed. There was also storage drawers under the sofa when we sailed, but that was a decade ago so not sure if they kept the same type of sofas in the cabin. One of the things I miss now that I sail on Royal Caribbean.

Happy cruising!

Go to your Roll Call here. This is where you can ' meet' others who will be on your cruise. You can email everyone and even plan tours together. A meet & greet is usually scheduled where you can meet each other on the 2nd day.

After a meet & greet 12 of us chartered our own private sunset snorkeling tour in Aruba, a bunch of us would meet for a drink before dinner and 6 of us got a cab for a tour of Nassau. If we hadn't been in touch thru the Roll Call, none of this would have happened!

Like Teeara, the Carnival Pride was also my first cruise! This was on the Mexican Riviera, and we did see some dolphins and a whale during our cruise.

We were on the Main deck with a balcony (between 4157 and 4187) and it was fabulous! We ordered breakfast from room service every morning (Coffee, tea, oatmeal and fresh fruit) and ate out on the balcony. I loved going out at night to read a little before bed. It was centrally located, and we did not experience a lot of rocking and rolling, even during one day with rough seas. We also got to view a lot of gorgeous scenery.

Take advantage of your balcony and it's location. You'll be in a great position for some relaxation and fun photo ops.

Hope you have a blast! :D

• 1 month later...
Like Teeara, the Carnival Pride was also my first cruise! This was on the Mexican Riviera, and we did see some dolphins and a whale during our cruise.

We were on the Main deck with a balcony (between 4157 and 4187) and it was fabulous! We ordered breakfast from room service every morning (Coffee, tea, oatmeal and fresh fruit) and ate out on the balcony. I loved going out at night to read a little before bed. It was centrally located, and we did not experience a lot of rocking and rolling, even during one day with rough seas. We also got to view a lot of gorgeous scenery.

Take advantage of your balcony and it's location. You'll be in a great position for some relaxation and fun photo ops.

Hope you have a blast! :D

• 3 months later...

I have a question. We purchased the Faster to the Fun so we could board the ship earlier. My mother has difficulty walking steps. I know they have the safety drill before the ship sails. What deck number do you report to for the safety drill? We want to make sure we are on that deck before they have the drill and shut the elevators off. Our staterooms are on deck 4 called Main.

I have a question. We purchased the Faster to the Fun so we could board the ship earlier. My mother has difficulty walking steps. I know they have the safety drill before the ship sails. What deck number do you report to for the safety drill? We want to make sure we are on that deck before they have the drill and shut the elevators off. Our staterooms are on deck 4 called Main.

This varies by cabin so it's difficult to say. When you get to your stateroom the sign on the back of the door should tell you where your muster station is. Because DW used a cane they let her stay inside for the briefing in the area near our station.

Everyone assembles under their assigned lifeboat on deck 3. Instructions will be playing on the television when you get to your cabin.

• 2 weeks later...

We have always seen a place for 'special needs" passengers to go for their Muster. This is usually in a lounge for wheel chairs, scooters, walkers, canes or walking problems. They don't have to stand anywhere, they can sit. Go to guest services as soon as you get on board and ask them where it will be. She should be able to take an elevator to where ever you all go.

Have fun and don't drink too much, they will cut you off.

Than you. Do you know if they will allow her family to stay with her or will we have to be separated and report to the normal muster station?

DW and I were allowed to stay together. It might depend on how many are in the family, the alternate area may have limited room, but I would think that at least one family member would be able to stay with her.

• 3 months later...