Royal Princess 4-13 to 4-20

Smoke on the Water

This was our second Princess cruise, after the Ruby 2 years ago. I am 44 my honey 42. We arrived a day earlier and stayed at the Marriott North Hotel. Great hotel despite the fact they were understaffed. I decided to book a Shuttle to the port using shuttles 2U. Nice having a van all to ourselves, and Christopher the driver made a stop for me. Getting on the Boat was easy, and our room R414 was cozy. The Elevator situation is the biggest problem on Royal. Furthermore, proper elevator etiquette should be listed somewhere. We got the Adults only cabana on Princess Cays, and glad we booked it. I recommend the private lunch with it as well. We enjoyed soup, a seafood platter, jerk chicken and ribs, and fruit. Its a lot of food for 2 people. In St Thomas we took the trip over to Trunk Bay in ST John. The beach and water were perfect. St Maarten was just ok, as we took the lagoon cruise over to the French side. Great Cigar Place right off the dock and carry Authentic Cuban Cigars. Food on the ship was Great, including CG and Sab's. the only thing that pissed me off was the Lotus Spa staff. We booked some treatments that were to happen on 2 different days. When we arrived, they were all in one day. Sorry but we cancelled the couples massage due to this. They were really pushing stuff, and I got the feeling the spa wasn't rocking. The higher prices are a drawback, and my Royal Shave was just OK. Otherwise, We really enjoyed Royal and would do it again.

This was our second Princess cruise, after the Ruby 2 years ago. I am 44 my honey 42. We arrived a day earlier and stayed at the Marriott North Hotel. Great hotel despite the fact they were understaffed. I decided to book a Shuttle to the port using shuttles 2U. Nice having a van all to ourselves, and Christopher the driver made a stop for me. Getting on the Boat was easy, and our room R414 was cozy. The Elevator situation is the biggest problem on Royal. Furthermore, proper elevator etiquette should be listed somewhere. We got the Adults only cabana on Princess Cays, and glad we booked it. I recommend the private lunch with it as well. We enjoyed soup, a seafood platter, jerk chicken and ribs, and fruit. Its a lot of food for 2 people. In St Thomas we took the trip over to Trunk Bay in ST John. The beach and water were perfect. St Maarten was just ok, as we took the lagoon cruise over to the French side. Great Cigar Place right off the dock and carry Authentic Cuban Cigars. Food on the ship was Great, including CG and Sab's. the only thing that pissed me off was the Lotus Spa staff. We booked some treatments that were to happen on 2 different days. When we arrived, they were all in one day. Sorry but we cancelled the couples massage due to this. They were really pushing stuff, and I got the feeling the spa wasn't rocking. The higher prices are a drawback, and my Royal Shave was just OK. Otherwise, We really enjoyed Royal and would do it again.

We were on this cruise with you - and totally agree about the elevators. Elevator etiquette would be ignored just as seat-saving is...everyone for themselves. Too bad about your spa service; I'd be frustrated, too. I always tell them up front "no sales pitch" and never have a problem. We did very different things in the ports, but really enjoyed them, too. Glad you had a good time and thanks for reviewing.

If you read my review, we received $50.00 refund due to one of the so called workers bringing a family of 10 including 3 kids and putting them in cabana next to me. It took 1 hour for the family to be removed and brought to family cabana area. It was very annoying.