Summit Conference Center

miatax

Has anyone used the Conference Center on the Summit? I have a group of dancers who need space. Celebrity says that the Center is 200+ square meters (about 2155 square feet) but the shape on the deck plan looks odd. Any input would be most welcome. Pictures would help as well, if possible.

I was in the conference center of the Constellation (sister ship) a few weeks ago. It is a room that is rectangular. I'd be surprised that the sq. footage is that large. Also, most of the room has chairs that, I think, are permanently fixed to the floor. I don't see how a group of dancers could use the space. ;)

Edited by Iamthesea

I was in the conference center of the Constellation (sister ship) a few weeks ago. It is a room that is rectangular. I'd be surprised that the sq. footage is that large. Also, most of the room has chairs that, I think, are permanently fixed to the floor. I don't see how a group of dancers could use the space. ;)

I don't remember fixed chairs?? It was used for immigration processing on a recent cruise prior to Key West.

I think the confusion here may be between the old conference center/movie theater on the Summit, which had fixed chairs, and the new post-solsticized "conference center" or gamma room or whatever they call it now, which has removable chairs.

I think the conference center has several rooms, maybe with walls that can be reconfigured depending on how big a space you need...I think we went through two or more rooms when we did pre-UK immigration on Infinity last year. EM

I do recall the Conference Center on the Summit. They use it for religious services too. The chairs are not fixed, but I don't think it is 2,000 sq. ft.

If you are planning on dance lessons or practice ask if the floor is carpeted. I think it is.

I think the conference center has several rooms, maybe with walls that can be reconfigured depending on how big a space you need...I think we went through two or more rooms when we did pre-UK immigration on Infinity last year. EM
That is the new multi-purpose area that can be reconfigured into separate spaces to accommodate groups of differing sizes, much the way they design high school gyms with those movable dividers and hard, uncomfortable removable chairs .

It replaced the previous conference rooms on deck 3 as well as the movie theater with its stationary, comfortable, padded, tiered seating.

But it was all done in the name of progress, chopping up that section of deck 3 so they could add more revenue generating staterooms and increase the number of passengers.

Edited by varoo

Thank you all for your input. I know that the room is carpeted, but we dance on carpet on other ships and it is not a problem. I have also been told that the room has accordion dividers that can be opened up to make one big room of 2155 square feet. That looks about right on the deck plan. By the way, we are square and round (choreographed ballroom) dancers.