Scheduling Flight after cruise

MEME&JOE92

I think Carnivals site says after 11:30 or 12. I got off the conquest two weeks ago. Had a flight at 12:30 and we were at the Ft. Lauderdale airport by 10 am.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We usually stay over in Miami/South Beach a few days afterwards.

But we wouldn't book any earlier than 3 pm, just in case the small chance that the ship can't/don't make it back to port in time for many diff reasons: weather, mechanical, customs, etc....

I have made it to the airport by 7:30am before. On a ship that arrived at 7:00am supposedly.

But that was not returning to Miami and flying out of Fort Lauderdale. I would say no earlier than 11:30am at the earliest. I just did this in May and was at the airport with a 10:30 am pick up from the Breeze in Miami and was at the FLL airport about 11:Z45 am.

Edited by sailinglisa

We will be sailing on the CONQUEST Sept 7-14. We get back into port (Miami) at 8am. What is the earliest flight out of Ft.Lauderdale we could take without worrying about missing our flight?:rolleyes:

Noon.

Keep in mind that delays in customs can make you late getting off the ship. last year, we didn't get to the Miami airport until after 1:00. Also, you are cruising in a prime week for hurricane season. And there could be, maybe, weather related issues of arriving in the port on time. It is a 45 minute drive to FLL with no traffic issues. i would not chance an early flight. I agree with the poster that said after 3.

We will be sailing on the CONQUEST Sept 7-14. We get back into port (Miami) at 8am. What is the earliest flight out of Ft.Lauderdale we could take without worrying about missing our flight?:rolleyes:

Three times so far we have booked 11:45 flights out of FLL after Miami cruises. We used self assist so we got off the ship early and through customs quickly, we had SAS Shuttle already reserved and waiting for us at the port, and we were at FLL early enough that we were bored waiting for our flights.

Thank You ALL for the input! We are going to pick the 3pm flight.....Better safe than sorry! We will use the extra time to discuss where we will be cruising next.;)

I am glad you chose the later flight. while you may be at the airport early, why stress over pehaps not making it? You can also enjoy lunch at the airport...

I try to go as early as possible that I think I can make it. I am going on a cruise out of Miami and flying out of FLL too. I am trying to book as early as 10:30, and I feel I am being safe doing that (I could be wrong). I have booked the late flight 4:00pm to be safe before and then when I was off the ship at 6:30 I didn't know what to do with my bags, I couldn't even check them in until 3hrs prior to the flight. I'm on the west coast too, so that is why I try to book earlier flights because it's a long day of travel anyway.