hawaii questions.. please help !!!!

casperbks

I am going on the Carnival Miracle and I am wondering if any of these ports have shopping at the pier??? Maui...Honolulu...Kauai...Kona...Hilo... ?????? I also would like to know what pier we dock at in Honolulu????? One more please How far of a walk is it on the walkway from the ship to shore on each of the islands??? thank you for all of your help... I am handicapped and this information will be very helpful to me.... :confused:

I am going on the Carnival Miracle and I am wondering if any of these ports have shopping at the pier??? Maui...Honolulu...Kauai...Kona...Hilo... ?????? I also would like to know what pier we dock at in Honolulu????? One more please How far of a walk is it on the walkway from the ship to shore on each of the islands??? thank you for all of your help... I am handicapped and this information will be very helpful to me.... :confused:

All them have a shuttle to Hilo Hattie's and other stores.

Here's the cruise ship calendar for Honolulu.

http://hidot.hawaii.gov/harbors/files/2013/01/oahu-cruise-2015-10-27-14.pdf

You didn't list your sailing date, but it looks like the Miracle will always dock at pier 2, which is the one close to Waikiki (pier 11 is the one by the Aloha Tower Marketplace).

As someone else says, there are two ports on Maui. If yours is Lahaina, that's a tender port. But once you get to the pier, you're not far from the "downtown" area.

I would suggest getting a guide book for Hawaii. There are a ton of them available on Amazon. I usually will look at the ones at the library and any that I like, I can always try to find the latest edition I can buy. There's also many, many tourism websites you can find by googling (Hawaii.com, Go Hawaii, etc.). You can also look on Google maps -- my hubby was doing this right before our last cruise (which was our third straight cruise from LA to Hawaii). You can tell where the port is compared to where you'll be docking (Hilo, Nawiliwili (Kauai), Honolulu and where the tenders will arrive.

As for shopping, Hilo has a few things inside the terminal (if the remodeling is done by now...it was closed back in 2012, our last time there). Otherwise, you will need a taxi or take a free shuttle (Hilo Hatties and Walmart both have them...those stores are actually across the street from each other). HH is at the Prince Kuhio mall.

No stores right at the Nawiliwili terminal, but there are free shuttles that go to the Harbor and Anchor Cove shopping centers, which are right near each other. It's a trolley, so look for that. There's also some stands to get food and shaved ice between the shops and the beach that's right behind the Marriott. These are small shopping centers.

If you get on the Hilo Hatties or Walmart shuttles (these are free), you'll get a ride to Lihue.

Honolulu: I think the Hilo Hatties shuttle is free (if you can find it), but I'm not sure if it stops at pier 2 (we've always been at #11). Not sure what's near the location of that store. A couple of cruises ago, we negotiated with some other passengers a limo ride on the spot to the Ala Moana mall (it's very large, especially the food court, and I live in the Land of the Malls:D).

There's another free shuttle but it takes you to some jewelry store, I believe. So I don't know if you get herded in for some major pitch.

There's also sightseeing buses -- you should be able to find info on the tourism websites.

Maui: don't know about Kahalui...never been there on land trips or cruises. Lahaina has a rich history, especially as a whaling center and a political seat. As I said, if you can get over to the town, which is pretty near (walking distance for most people), there's lots of shopping and dining. The big attraction, the famous Banyon tree, is right there too. Behind the Wharf Cinema Center (there's a back door), there's a bus stop, but we found the bus very crowded the one time we used it. The next cruise, we took a taxi up to Ka'anapali Beach, where there's a nice outdoors shopping center, Whalers Village.