Carnival Cruise Ships for Kids

LuCruise

Hi,

We're looking at taking our kids on a cruise in April or July of 2016. We're currently looking at Royal Caribbean, but thought I'd explore other popular lines as well. One thing I've noticed that Carnival has that RCl doesn't (or on minimal ships) is a waterslide onboard.

What Carnival Ships are good for kids in terms of

• Kids Program
  • Kids Activites anboard
  • Nightly Shows

Our kids would be 10 (or 11 by July) and 6.5 (or 7 by July)

We'd be looking at Eastern Caribbean since we've done Western and would want to keep the cost down on flight costs (still need to fly but one of the closer departure sites)

Any of the Carnival ships. They all have basically the same shows / activities / programs. Get one with the 2.0 upgrades so they can eat Guys Burgers (My son's FAVORITE). I'd recommend cruises at least 5 days long as some of the shorter cruises tend to be party cruises.

The Breeze has a lot of extras with the 3D movie theater, ropes course, water works, fairly big arcade.

camps are broken down into age groups

your kids will be in the 6-8 and 9-11 group

9-11 can sign them selves in and out with your permission- which they need in order to particiapate in scavenger hunts which is done as a group in public areas.

camps are not opened 24 hours.

open on sea days at 10am and closes for lunch at 12:45

open again at 2 and closes for dinner at 5.

open again at 7 and becomes paid at 10pm.

We have taken grand daughter to the night shows in the show lounge--

taken her to trivia, and the family friendly comedy show. We have taken her to the family karokee.

Ice Carving, Towel folding. She has a ball. Has only used the camp for one hour one cruise.

Take early dinner- get their waiters to know the likes and dislikes makes the dining setting more personable. Taking late dinner the kids get MUCH down time with only a few things to do-- swimming is all i can come up with.

The slides are not opened all day and night-- I think they close around 5-6pm

whats your closest port? anything drivable? New York? Baltimore? Bayone?

What departure ports are you considering? That may help narrow down the ships.

And really, kids will have fun on any ship! Some have more bells and whistles than others. My kids are 13 and 10 and have been on 4 carnival cruises and all different class of ships. Getting ready to go on our 5th in March on the Conquest.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

What departure ports are you considering? That may help narrow down the ships.

And really, kids will have fun on any ship! Some have more bells and whistles than others. My kids are 13 and 10 and have been on 4 carnival cruises and all different class of ships. Getting ready to go on our 5th in March on the Conquest.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

Somewhere in Florida as that wouldn't be too far a flight for us.

Have an awesome trip!

Breeze in Miami or Sunshine in Port Canaveral would be my picks. Breeze is larger with more bells & whistles but both have the 2.0 upgrades. We are big fans of Breeze.

We've taken grandkids ages 11 and 12 on Sensation which is a Fantasy class ship (Carnival has 8 of those). Fantasy class are the oldest and smallest in the fleet They loved it, especially the waterworks area with the side-by-side racing slides as well as a twister waterslide. I'm not sure all 8 of those ships have waterworks but I think they do. Fantasy class ship departures can be found up and down the East Coast.

I would recommend any of the ships with Waterworks, my kids, and I love waterworks (water park). All ships will have a water slide but waterworks is multiple slides of fun for kids super young to us old folks. I would check out Sunshine, Dream, Breeze, Magic, Fascination, Fantasy, Inspiration, or Imagination....I may be missing a couple.