Costa Maya

heretohavefun2#

I've only been there once and that was 2012, but I found the people that run the stores in Costa Maya to be the only port that is worse that Cozumel for trying to take your money and be rude. If you do shop and are using cash, take lots of small bills as getting change is almost impossible.

We've been there several times since 2012 and that was never our experience while shopping.

It is one of my favorite ports, so much so that I booked 2 cruises for 2018 that stop there. We have done Yaya, Alma Plena Eco resort, the ruins and just walked Majahuel until we found a place that looked interesting. The best beach by far was at Alma Plena. We plan on going there again on one of the cruises and to Maya Chan on the other cruise.

Not worth leaving the ship.

We were in Costa Maya last Tuesday, haven't been there in years. We took a bus into Mahahual and went to the beach. We stopped at the Krazy Lobster, nice beach, free shaded table and lounge chairs. There were 3 of us and we stayed most of the day. Great food and service, we had several buckets of beer and a lot of food, spent less than $40, it sure beat that crowd that was at the pool and all those new shops. Krazy Lobster beer $1 by the pool we saw signs for beer $6. Venture out, nice friendly people!:D

• 2 weeks later...

I was thinking of doing maya Chen but a friend just returned from alma plena resort and said if was beautiful and so worth it. She had already done maya chen and the beach break and found this resort was phenomenal.

You might consider skipping Tulum (heard it's an all day exhausting deal and ruins only OK) and doing something else in Cozumel (lots more to do there) and doing Native Choice ruins tour in Costa Maya. Ours is only a half day, so could see something else, too. Or they have all day ones where you see 2 sites that are bigger and you can walk around without much restrictions. And Native's Choice tour guides great. Look up on Trip Advisor or Google search. Can find more reviews in these forums.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We've been there several times since 2012 and that was never our experience while shopping.

It is one of my favorite ports, so much so that I booked 2 cruises for 2018 that stop there. We have done Yaya, Alma Plena Eco resort, the ruins and just walked Majahuel until we found a place that looked interesting. The best beach by far was at Alma Plena. We plan on going there again on one of the cruises and to Maya Chan on the other cruise.

You mentioned your enjoyment of Alma Plena and Maya Chan. Can you tell me about Yaya and your experience there? We are heading to Costa Maya in November. My husband voted Maya Chan but I was more interested in Yaya. The fact that you mentioned the other two and not that one may be the answer to my question [emoji6] but can you give me any feedback about Yaya and what you liked and disliked. Can you compare and contrast Yaya with Maya Chan? Sorry for all the questions.... thank you!! [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums