Cape Liberty new port

Rocketlady

Exactly where are they with the construction of the new port? Will it be ready for the Nov. first cruise with Quantum ship? Can't wait for the first cruise to go out and come back and report the port news, taxi news, hotels , and the whole cruise it self. And all about the tech services if they really do work or are the a waste of money.

I don't get to go till late Jan.

Exactly where are they with the construction of the new port? Will it be ready for the Nov. first cruise with Quantum ship?

I have no clue but you can check out the construction camera that someone posted here (sorry for not crediting it), remember to hit PLAY.

http://oxblue.com/open/FitzpatrickNJ/CapeLiberty

It doesn't appear to be a real time web cam, but rather a sequence of still pictures taken periodically.

From what I see I'd be very surprised if the terminal was completed in time for the Quantum's first cruise, but in this case I'd be happy to be proven wrong for the sake of the early cruisers on the new ship.

It doesn't appear to be a real time web cam, but rather a sequence of still pictures taken periodically.

From what I see I'd be very surprised if the terminal was completed in time for the Quantum's first cruise, but in this case I'd be happy to be proven wrong for the sake of the early cruisers on the new ship.

From what we've read in the Bayonne paper, the terminal is on schedule and on budget.

From what we've read in the Bayonne paper, the terminal is on schedule and on budget.

Just curious...do you have a link to a recent article, because the latest one I can find was published on June 1 in the Jersey Journal and basically consists of information fed to the reporter by a Royal Caribbean spokesperson.

You do realize that something being built under the Port Authority of NY and NJ umbrella coming in both on schedule and on budget would be viewed as miraculous by most. :D

Of course you're undoubtedly familiar with how PANYNJ became the owner of that entire property. Something about our governor finding a way to bail Bayonne out of pending default and bankruptcy without spending a dime of the state's money. Simply have his friends at PANYNJ ( friends who are no longer employed at PANYNJ due to some traffic issues at the GW Bridge) spend their agency's cash and pay Bayonne far more for the property than it's worth. :eek:

• 2 weeks later...

I read somewhere on here that when you arrive at the Bayonne terminal, you have to get on a shuttle bus on order to get to the ship?

Is that true?

It seems like a hassle compared to the NY terminal, where you just walk in and then board the ship from the terminal.

We're not heading there until May 2015, but I just wanted to know if it's true.

Thanks!

By May 2015 the new terminal should definitely be open and there will be no more buses.

Thanks!

I didn't realize it was the construction that was causing the use of busses. I thought it was a normal thing.

It has been the normal thing up until now.

The current terminal is a bit away from the ship across the 'Tarmac'. There is no safe way for folks to walk across to the ship because of all the truck traffic coming in to replenish. So they have accessible buses to take everyone safely across the Tarmac. It's a 90 second ride (loading up is much longer) - very similar to what they do at some European airports to out you out to planes.

I'm sailing next Sat and expect to enjoy one last bus ride across to the Explorer.

Edited by 138east