Random breakaway menus 2/2017

denatravels

Some of the best food on the ship: tomahawk steak in cagneys, calamari in teppenyaki, and escargot in le bistro.

I was also pleased with the food in the free venues-- I was expecting awful (based on reviews), and it wasn't-- some of it was really good!

One of the bartenders in headliners was willing to make drinks above $15 "fit" into the package. They wouldn't do that at the martini bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Here are some menus on the breakaway. I did hear that the upcharges on the complementary restaurants are going away.

Thanks for the menus! Hope you post a review of your trip... we're leaving on the BA very soon and would love to hear your feedback :)

Thanks for the menus! Hope you post a review of your trip... we're leaving on the BA very soon and would love to hear your feedback :)

Not really doing a review, but I'm happy to answer questions.

I will say this: two years ago I sailed the breakaway for my first cruise ever. Now this one was my 8th cruise: I made different choices that helped make this a more enjoyable experience:

1. I didn't get off the ship-- port canaveral was a zoo, since we didn't arrive until 1pm so there was a mad rush. It took three hours at GSC to get the tenders over-- and the weather was lousy so I passed.

2. I avoided the chaos of the buffet-- lunches in dining room or o'shehans. Those wings are awesome!!

3. I was traveling solo, so I made sure to spend much of my time in the adults only Spice H2O.

Others that I met felt that the ship was crowded and overrun with kids-- I didn't feel that way. And I just read a review that "everyone had a hacking cough" and illness was everywhere-- not anywhere that I was. I know one person that was sick. But it's flu season, and I find it much worse taking the subway in NYC-- the staff was pretty awesome, and any small issue that I had was handled quickly and efficiently.

I would definitely recommend this ship!

Not really doing a review, but I'm happy to answer questions.

I will say this: two years ago I sailed the breakaway for my first cruise ever. Now this one was my 8th cruise: I made different choices that helped make this a more enjoyable experience:

1. I didn't get off the ship-- port canaveral was a zoo, since we didn't arrive until 1pm so there was a mad rush. It took three hours at GSC to get the tenders over-- and the weather was lousy so I passed.

2. I avoided the chaos of the buffet-- lunches in dining room or o'shehans. Those wings are awesome!!

3. I was traveling solo, so I made sure to spend much of my time in the adults only Spice H2O.

Others that I met felt that the ship was crowded and overrun with kids-- I didn't feel that way. And I just read a review that "everyone had a hacking cough" and illness was everywhere-- not anywhere that I was. I know one person that was sick. But it's flu season, and I find it much worse taking the subway in NYC-- the staff was pretty awesome, and any small issue that I had was handled quickly and efficiently.

I would definitely recommend this ship!

Glad you enjoyed your trip! Any other highlights or can't miss things from your cruise you'd like to share? ;)

We're travelling as a group, but I've already booked a spa pass to ensure I'll have some quiet, private time. We'll also be parked in Spice once we're in warmer waters.

Also solo? Good for you! Did you book one of the solo cabins? Would you recommend it? I have a tennis pal who didn't enjoy cruising solo, but it sounded as though maybe her ship didn't have the studio complex and a facilitator to help arrange group dinners, etc. She can be a bit of a pill, though, so I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't more about her than the cruise itself, LOL.

I was in the solo cabins. I didn't do too much joining for dinner (only 1 night) and pretty much just had a "solo-started" group to hang out with for trivia-- started with a few solos, and then we proceeded to make other friends until we had a nice group of around 10 people. I found more activities for solos last time I was on breakaway. But I think it's what you make of it. I met people all over that I ended up hanging out with, not just from the solos group. I LIKE traveling solo; I wouldn't recommend it for someone that doesn't. You may not have a very active group, and then you will be stuck and unhappy-- I certainly wasn't!!

When you say that they are doing away with the up charge items on MDR menus... Does that mean they will no longer be available at all or that there will no longer be an extra charge? When is this change supposed to take place?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

There will not be items with an upcharge on the menus in the free venues. I don't know if that means that the items will be available-- I suspect not. According to the staff member that told me, it's starting as early as today's sailing. And I don't know if it's fleetwide or limited to the breakaway.

There will not be items with an upcharge on the menus in the free venues. I don't know if that means that the items will be available-- I suspect not. According to the staff member that told me, it's starting as early as today's sailing. And I don't know if it's fleetwide or limited to the breakaway.

I suspect that you're right... We sail in a few weeks, I'll post an update if no one else does by then.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

Thank you so much for the great post! Really enjoyed reading through the menus. Do you know if in the free dining areas there are children's menus available?

I don't know. I would assume so.

I know for sure that there are kids options in specialty restaurants, where you don't have to pay. I did teppanyaki at a table with a family-- the kids ate kid options, but were given edamame, fried rice, and a few bites of proteins for free.