Avalon Paris to Normandy

bella c

Hi Cruisers,

Having used this forum for past cruises I am once again asking for some advice.

We are 4 younger active senior ladies going on this Paris to Normandy Avalon River Cruise scheduled for Sept. 10th. Would appreciate any advice on what to avoid and what is good on this tour. We are doing a one night Pre-stay in Paris and need to get in what the cruise leaves out. Any ideas??? How is Avalon's ship. Will we need to bring anything?

I have previously done a Viking Rhine cruise which was very nice. Ship was older but crew and tours where good. One thing we liked to do is in some town/cities we liked to eat at local restaurants, sample some wines etc. I would appreciate any suggestions. Also I would think it will still be warm in France in early Sept. has anyone been there and what kind of weather did you encounter.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Did Avalon's grand France last year was fabulous....doing Avalon again next year...was on Viking once...don't miss Monet's house. We were there n May...was very cold in Normandy Beaches Was mistaken in Paris for a local....wore a colorful scarf..all the locals wore scarfs! My reiew is on cruise critic

Doing Avalon's Grand France next year, will be interested to see comments on this thread.

We sailed with Avalon last year Budapest to Amsterdam on the Panorama, it was a lovely ship , crew, food , cabins, CD and tours were great....its a year or so newer ship than the ones sailing in France, but I'm hoping everything is just as good. We had a fantastic time.

The only things that we took extra on the cruise were a european adaptor and a pegless clothes line, which we used every day, mainly for underwear. I asked for a couple of extra coat hangers and has about 10 in a couple of minutes, nothing was ever a problem.

Enjoy

Deb

We are doing a one night Pre-stay in Paris and need to get in what the cruise leaves out. Any ideas???

One night to get in the whole of Paris????

There a bus tour of the main sights of Paris including a toilet stop in a public park but absolutely no chance to see anywhere like enough of Paris in one night! You`ll have to come back!

The river cruise was our favourite itinerary. You`ll enjoy it

Hi, we are doing this cruise on July 9, 2013. I will be able to help you more after I return. What I have found out so far is that you can book optional tours through Avalon which will help you see more things. You can book the Eiffel Tower on the day the cruise leaves. You can book Versailles, and you can book a tour of the Louvre, both on different days, so you can do all three through Avalon. There are more optional tours too. I recommend the Rick Steves guidebook to help you decide what to do. We plan just walk around and soak up the environment of Paris some of the time.

Archived