Shore Excursion Resource?

Let me get this out of the way first. I'm not sure if this type of advise request is acceptable on these boards, but please delete my post if you need. Second, I hope my answer only calls for a "search", but I never have much luck on this or any forum with searches, mostly because of the strict wording required for a proper return.

I'm looking for one or two online resource listing as many shore excursions per area as I can find. For example, what are all my choices (as many as makes sense, anyhow) for Cozumel? One or two websites with links, or at least web addresses so I can research myself is what I'm looking for. The site can be dedicated to the area, in this case the Caribbean, as long as filtering is easy enough. I will definitely look at my cruise line's offerings, but I know there are more not offered by them. Also booking is usually cheaper cutting them out. (I'm also aware of the advantages of booking through the cruise and take that into consideration). And I looked quickly at Cruise Critics Excursion Reviews, and that list seems limited, as well.

I'm not looking for a website that sells excursions, so much as lists/reviews them. Google turned up little help.

Looking through the message boards, specifically the port of call section, I see several posts about individual trips, but it's exhausting going through each one individually, and most of the topics cover the same few trips.

The three areas I'm looking for specifically are Montego Bay, Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands, and Cozumel, Mexico.

Thanks for your time, and again, I hope this question doesn't violate any type of intentional request for solicitation, definitely not my intent.

Thanks, John

Have you looked at TripAdvisor?

While looking for excursions for my first cruise, I did use TripAdvisor, but I had the excursions I was interested in before hand and just read reviews. I looked at them yesterday, precursively, but didn't see a way to narrow down to excursions, vs general things to do if you're staying longer than several hours (hotels, resorts, restaurants, etc...). I'll look again, closer this time, due to your recommendation.

Or, a guidebook is most helpful! Gives you a great idea of ALL that's avail....and some books even give private tour companies!

A guidebook would work in most instances. But this particular time, it is time sensitive. My largish traveling party is meeting in a few days to plan some of our optional activities, and sharing a book wouldn't be practical. Neither during the meeting, or getting all interested parties a chance to go through it prior to Sunday evening. But I do appreciate the idea. I may look at a bookstore to see what I can find, then just bring my own ideas out of it.

Thanks guys or girls for the advice.

John

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
We are trying to find this too. We are going to Half Moon Cay, Grand Turk and St Thomas Virgin Islands.

I'll try tripadvisor

As mentioned on your other post, the best place on Cruise Critic for your research is the Ports boards. St Thomas' is here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=133