Alaska 2016 - HAL Hurry UP!

qsuzi

You can now book 2016 Alaska itineraries on Carnival, RCI (on March 26), and Princess. Our Veendam Future Cruise Consultant said she understood HAL would issue them in March but yesterday HAL customer service said May. HAL ships, by Alaska departure port and dates, are known but we are eager to book. :)

Edited by qsuzi

Haha, I'm right there with you. I picked up a couple of FCDs on the last cruise for mom and I, and are trying to be patient. We will be using them for one of the following:

1> A '16 Alaska Cruise, (possibly Land/Cruise combo, not sure if I'll be able to swing that yet)

or

2> A return to the Caribbean in Winter '16, BUT, on the Koningsdam

Already got our ZPM offer, so hopefully within the next 59 days something will be posted. :D

Edit - Grr, I'm a moron with dates, still multi-tasking on my one day off before going back to work.

Edit of edit - Sigh, my brain is going through so much post-cruise mush right now, haha.

Edited by rbp3072

Haha, I'm right there with you. I picked up a couple of FCDs on the last cruise for mom and I, and are trying to be patient. We will be using them for one of the following:

1> A '16 Alaska Cruise, (possibly Land/Cruise combo, not sure if I'll be able to swing that yet)

or

2> A return to the Caribbean in March/April '16, (which is already out), BUT, on the Koningsdam, which obviously still needs to be added.

Already got our ZPM offer, so hopefully within the next 59 days something will be posted. :D

Exactly. Can you tell Alaska is our favorite itinerary (travel times to Europe make it very difficult for us). We also picked up a couple of FCD's. :) Which ship are you considering for Alaska?

Exactly. Can you tell Alaska is our favorite itinerary (travel times to Europe make it very difficult for us). We also picked up a couple of FCD's. :) Which ship are you considering for Alaska?

Not a clue. We are partial to the 'O', but I think she's being re-assigned elsewhere if I recall.....

Edited by rbp3072

Hal is notorious for being late on their itineraries and I think especially Alaska. You just need to be a little patience.:D:D:D

As you may know patience is not one of my virtues especially when we are talking about Alaska.:D NOTORIOUS HAL ;).............

As you may know patience is not one of my virtues especially when we are talking about Alaska.:D NOTORIOUS HAL ;).............

Are you planning to do a specific itinerary to Alaska? We loved our Celebrity cruise, but HAL's itineraries are more than likely going to have us coming back several times over. :)

Are you planning to do a specific itinerary to Alaska? We loved our Celebrity cruise, but HAL's itineraries are more than likely going to have us coming back several times over. :)

Which HAL itinerary(s) have you done and want to do? We are doing our normal 7 day RT Seattle but HAL includes Sitka which others do not. At this time we are unable to do the land portion add on and use Seattle vs Vancouver for various reasons.

HAL ships, by Alaska departure port and dates, are known but we are eager to book. :)

I am eagerly waiting to book as well. Do you have the dates and ports for 2016 available so you can post them here?

Edited by JimAOk1945

I am eagerly waiting to book as well. Do you have the dates and ports for 2016 available so you can post them here?

This is what I found. Somewhat recently someone else posted a document with specific dates (from the 2016 Cruise Atlas?).

7day RT from Seattle:Ms AmsterdamJuneau, Ketchikan, Sitka, Victoria, B.C, Tracy Arm, Alaska. Ms WesterdamVictoria, B.C., Ketchikan, Juneau, Sitka, and Glacier Bay Alaska

7 day RT from Vancouver: Ms Volendam Juneau, Skagway, Ketchikan, Glacier Bay, Alaska. The Noordam Victoria British Columbia, Juneau, Ketchikan, Skagway, a day sailing inside of Glacier Bay and a day in Tracy Arm

7 day One-WayMs Oosterdam Vancouver, Canada and Seward, Alaska with ports of call in Ketchikan, Skagway, and Juneau, and a day cruising in Glacier Bay Alaska. Choose between north or south bound cruises that allow for an extended vacation in Alaska.

Ms Statendam 7-day cruises between Seward, Alaska and Vancouver, Canada with ports of call at Juneau, Ketchikan, and Haines, and a day in Glacier Bay. The Statendam also cruises around Hubbard Glacier and stops in Victoria, British Columbia too.

The Zaandam 7-night cruises between Seward and Vancouver, British Columbia or reverse, with ports of call at Juneau, Ketchikan, Skagway, and a day in Tracy Arm.

Holland America also has some fascinating cruise tours that combine a seven-day cruise with a tour of the interior of Alaska.

For those with more time, Holland America also has a few 14-day itineraries sailing roundtrip from Seattle, WA in 2016. Book one of these itineraries and visit some popular Alaskan ports in Ketchikan, Icy Strait Point, Juneau, but also stops over in seldon visited cruise ports of Homer and Kodiak, Alaska.

We too are waiting as we plan to take our family to celebrate our 45th anniversary in late June 2016!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

What a special way to celebrate your 45th wedding anniversary!

This is what I found. Somewhat recently someone else posted a document with specific dates (from the 2016 Cruise Atlas?).

7day RT from Seattle:Ms AmsterdamJuneau, Ketchikan, Sitka, Victoria, B.C, Tracy Arm, Alaska. Ms WesterdamVictoria, B.C., Ketchikan, Juneau, Sitka, and Glacier Bay Alaska

7 day RT from Vancouver: Ms Volendam Juneau, Skagway, Ketchikan, Glacier Bay, Alaska. The Noordam Victoria British Columbia, Juneau, Ketchikan, Skagway, a day sailing inside of Glacier Bay and a day in Tracy Arm

7 day One-WayMs Oosterdam Vancouver, Canada and Seward, Alaska with ports of call in Ketchikan, Skagway, and Juneau, and a day cruising in Glacier Bay Alaska. Choose between north or south bound cruises that allow for an extended vacation in Alaska.

Ms Statendam 7-day cruises between Seward, Alaska and Vancouver, Canada with ports of call at Juneau, Ketchikan, and Haines, and a day in Glacier Bay. The Statendam also cruises around Hubbard Glacier and stops in Victoria, British Columbia too.

The Zaandam 7-night cruises between Seward and Vancouver, British Columbia or reverse, with ports of call at Juneau, Ketchikan, Skagway, and a day in Tracy Arm.

Holland America also has some fascinating cruise tours that combine a seven-day cruise with a tour of the interior of Alaska.

For those with more time, Holland America also has a few 14-day itineraries sailing roundtrip from Seattle, WA in 2016. Book one of these itineraries and visit some popular Alaskan ports in Ketchikan, Icy Strait Point, Juneau, but also stops over in seldon visited cruise ports of Homer and Kodiak, Alaska.

This is 2015. AMong other things Statendam will no longer be part of the fleet in 2016 and Nieuw Amsterdam will be doing ALaska cruises (not mentioned above)

This is 2015. AMong other things Statendam will no longer be part of the fleet in 2016 and Nieuw Amsterdam will be doing ALaska cruises (not mentioned above)

Super bummer. I wondered about that but it was labeled 2016 Alaskan Cruises. My apologies everyone. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Which HAL itinerary(s) have you done and want to do? We are doing our normal 7 day RT Seattle but HAL includes Sitka which others do not. At this time we are unable to do the land portion add on and use Seattle vs Vancouver for various reasons.

We've done the normal Vancouver to Seward, including Icy Straight and Hubbard Glacier, on Celebrity. What do we want to do? ALL THE REST! :)

We're planning to do the Y3 on Holland next, plus we want to do a Southbound with a 3 day land tour, and the 2 week cruise.

We've done the normal Vancouver to Seward, including Icy Straight and Hubbard Glacier, on Celebrity. What do we want to do? ALL THE REST! :)

We're planning to do the Y3 on Holland next, plus we want to do a Southbound with a 3 day land tour, and the 2 week cruise.

Sounds great but what is Y3? Sounds like your first time to Seward?

Oh yeah, this years trip will make 12 cruises to Alaska.:)

That is fabulous Melodie. You will be a good resource for all those wanting to try an Alaskan cruise. To me Alaska is a magical wonderland - fjords, wildlife, glaciers, scenery and so much more. Our first cruise in 1991 was a 10-day RT San Francisco to Alaska with my parents, best friend, and her mom. Those memories are precious to me because we got to share it together.

Edited by qsuzi