Hotel in Los Angeles or Long Beach?

Flying into LA for a cruise out of Port of Long Beach. Not sure whether to book pre-cruise hotel in LA or LB. Need hotel for a couple of days. Prefer mid range hotel within walking distance of restaurants/shopping and beach if possible. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

It really depends on what you are wanting to do.

Are you renting a car? If so, take a look at a midway point such as Redondo Beach. Find a hotel that allows you to walk to the beach and enjoy an abu dance of restaurants and walking to enjoy the secenery....in fact there are a numvpber of 'beach towns' between LAX and Long Beach.....and quite honestly Long Beach would be a preferred choice over Los Angeles....which IMHO has nothing to offer outside of a financial district.....unless swanky shopping in Beverly Hills interests you which is a bit outside of downtown.

I personally would choose a beach town.....Hermosa, Redondo, Manhattan...

If your cruise is on Carnival and departing from Long Beach, I'll chime in and recommend the Westin Long Beach, Renaissance Long Beach, or Hyatt Centric at The Pike. Good locations with lots of restaurants within easy walking distance. Cheap cab ride/Uber to the port (about 2 miles/5 minutes). I've only stayed at the Westin, but the other two are good chain hotels also.

If you do try to get a hotel in Redondo/Hermosa/Manhattan Beach, be sure to check it's true location relative to the beach!!! You can end up miles away and closer to I-405 than PCH!

Try getting your flights in to LGB instead of LAX; it's a great little airport with NO hassles coming or going and is closer to the port.

Edited by slidergirl