Fairmont Golf Course

sayla27

Another option closer to the ship: We golfed in Bermuda and ended up going to Port Royal instead of Fairmont. We didn't bring clubs and the free bus dropped us off at the entrance to Port Royal so transportation was free. Maybe a 10 minute bus ride from the ship. The Fairmont is a bit of distance and a hefty cab fare, but if you're bringing clubs you will need a cab regardless.

Port Royal is where the Grand Slam of golf is played and we found the course lovely. As a bonus, we had a bbq party with all our friends when the grand slam played on TV which was fun to say "we played that hole". :).

BermudaBound - thank you for your reply. You are the second person to recommend Port Royal. I will pass along the info.

Port Royal is a full length championship course. The golf course at the Fairmont Southampton Princess is a par 3 course, so the two are not directly comparable.

Another option closer to the ship: We golfed in Bermuda and ended up going to Port Royal instead of Fairmont. We didn't bring clubs and the free bus dropped us off at the entrance to Port Royal so transportation was free. Maybe a 10 minute bus ride from the ship. The Fairmont is a bit of distance and a hefty cab fare, but if you're bringing clubs you will need a cab regardless.

Port Royal is where the Grand Slam of golf is played and we found the course lovely. As a bonus, we had a bbq party with all our friends when the grand slam played on TV which was fun to say "we played that hole". :).

What "free bus" are you referring to? I'm not aware of any. Perhaps did you take the public bus for which you already had purchased passes so you didn't have to pay anything additional? Or ewas thr golf course offering transportation as part of a promotion or package?

Edited by njhorseman

What "free bus" are you referring to? I'm not aware of any. Perhaps did you take the public bus for which you already had purchased passes so you didn't have to pay anything additional? Or ewas thr golf course offering transportation as part of a promotion or package?

I'm very sorry for the confusion. We did take the public bus for which we already had passes. It's very inexpensive as we purchased the 3 day pass,, but certainly not free :).