Lunch Time Special - Welcome Tours with Beulah

CRUSINGFAMILY

• 1 month later...

After the tour, which was closer to 2 hrs, we had Buelah drop us off to spend the rest of the afternoon at Palm Court Gardens. There is a beautufl pool, lunch is available, a shell shop and peace and quiet. She then came back and picked us up and took us back to our ship. Our favorite day!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Has anyone taken this tour recently? The $12pp cost is awfully tempting, but I am curious what sights are seen in the 1.5 hours? I've heard good things about this particular tour and I've never been to St. Kitts.

What is on the tour? Is it worth paying $18pp more for one of the 2hr tours?

Thanks!

Tallyho, so you are saying that you just walked off the ship past the shops turned left to the Rum Barrel and booked a tour there for $10? You didn't make arrangements ahead of time?Tell me more, please. We will be there in a couple of weeks. Thanks for the info.

Edited by riviera
typo

Tallyho, I just remembered where the Rum Barrel is. We were in St Kitts just last month and didn't do a tour, but stopped there to have a drink. It is right in the middle of the shop area right? So, again we just go there and tell them we'd like a tour of the island? Sounds great to me!!! And thanks!

That's correct. Beulah and her drivers will be at the Rum Barrel and she asks you to be there at 11:25. No need to book in advance.

There will be some other tour operators coming around trying to lure her customers away. :(

That's correct. Beulah and her drivers will be at the Rum Barrel and she asks you to be there at 11:25. No need to book in advance.

There will be some other tour operators coming around trying to lure her customers away. :(

Hi Tallyho - Can you tell me where Beulah took you for you tour? What stops did you make, was there beach time etc.?

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

After just going on a tour with Beulah last week I can provide the following advice:

-Don't reserve the lunch special online. Just get off the ship and head toward the Rum Barrel Bar (easy to find) and look for her. She was holding a sign that said "Welcome Tours with Beulah". We made sure to be there around 11:20 before she left. And she leaves on-time. If you are late, you won't find her.

-She charged $10 for the lunch hour special and before you leave, she will offer you drinks for $1. It's the cheapest way to get a Carib Beer, the local brew, if you want one. We waited until we got back from the tour to get a drink. She goes into one of the shops and is able to get the drinks for cheap.

-Beulah is very energetic and outgoing. She uses a headset microphone in the van which makes her even louder. Don't sit near the front as the speaker is Velcro-ed right there and is extra loud.

-We toured the town and she taught us many different things about the culture and government as well as symbolism. She did it in a fun and informative way. We did tour Palm Court Gardens, a nice property on a hill that overlooks the harbor. There is a $1 entrance fee and it goes to the childrens foundation on the island. We also went to Timothy Hill where you can see where the Atlantic Ocean and the Caribbean Sea "meet" with St. Kitts in the middle. It was a great view.

-The tour lasted about 2 hours, perhaps slightly longer and was very much worth the price.