5 Dinners Specialty Package ??

alinnj

Is it worth the price ?( $149 pp) After the first night do you get to pick the other four reservations ? Thanks for any info !

Yes and no.

With the 5 dinner package, Celebrity picks the first restaurant.

You get to pick when you eat at the other 4, but those 4 are designated by Celebrity.

For example, I got the 5 on the Reflection last year.

You get 1 Qsine, 1 Lawn Club, 1 Murano and 2 Tuscan.

So you can pick the remaining 4 in any order, but they really do not make exceptions in case you want to say, have 3 in Murano and 2 in Tuscan or any other combo.

As for it being a deal, I guess so price wise. However, I no longer buy the packages because I definitely wouldn't be in a rush to return to a couple of them and would prefer say Murano more than once. Literally every morning, reps from the specialty restaurants would be camped out at the entrance to the buffet offering deals. It was usually between 25-30% off so I figure I will now wait to board, book the deals through them and go where I want instead of being locked in to the package rules.

Hope that helps.

If you haven't dined at the specialty restaurants before, the package is great value as you get to sample a variety of restaurants at a discounted price.

We did the package on our first cruise. Next cruise, we'll just book at the ones we really liked as its a shorter cruise, and we loved the main dining room food.

Worth the price is a personal judgement. Personally, I don't think it is. However, beware that recently, it has been very difficult to get reservations you want in specialty restaurants. On our cruise on the Equinox last month, sea day nights (how's that for a non sequitur) we couldn't get what we wanted when booking on the second day of the cruise. I like to know the dinning room menu before selecting nights. Fortunately, we did get my wife's birthday.

Yes, I agree that it's a personal judgement and preference. We love BLU, but a cruise that I've booked for 2017 had a fabulous C1 available, so I choose that instead of Aqua. We love the specialties, and I plan on purchasing the ultimate dining package and eating at one of them every night. :)

Yes' date=' I agree that it's a personal judgement and preference. We love BLU, but a cruise that I've booked for 2017 had a fabulous C1 available, so I choose that instead of Aqua. We love the specialties, and I plan on purchasing the ultimate dining package and eating at one of them every night. :)[/quote']

Isn't the Ultimate dining package different than the one the OP is discussing, or am I confused again. If IIRC, the ultimate package is not offered an all cruises? :confused:

Is it worth the price ?( $149 pp) After the first night do you get to pick the other four reservations ? Thanks for any info !

The restaurant that a guest must dine in on the first evening of the cruise is pre-selected by Celebrity, however the guest can choose the time during which they would like to dine. All other dining times for the package beyond the first night will be made once onboard. Guests can speak to the Hostess at the Specialty Restaurant desk that is set up during the Embarkation process, or they can speak to the Maitre' d after completion of their 1st dinner. All dates/times are based on availability.

Isn't the Ultimate dining package different than the one the OP is discussing, or am I confused again. If IIRC, the ultimate package is not offered an all cruises? :confused:

Yes, the Ultimate package is for every night, not just the 5-night dining that the OP mentioned. I know it's offered on the Equinox for sure.

Yes' date=' the Ultimate package is for every night, not just the 5-night dining that the OP mentioned. I know it's offered on the Equinox for sure.[/quote']

A LIMITED number of Ultimate dining pkgs available - sell out early at embarkation. Its lowest avg cost and allows open selection of which restaurants the number of times you prefer, excepting for issue of reservation times not already booked. INCLUDES Bistro-5 ($10 pp otherwise) and any specialty lunch offered. UDP really beneficial on ships with 3-4 restaurants to rotate among. A 2 specialty restaurant ship could get monotonous.

The day of a specialty lunch AND specialty dinner - Uurrpp!

Edited by greydog