Want to try it again on Royal Carribean

Hi to all,, This is my 1st post on the forum.

My husband and I would like to give cruising one more try. 4 years ago we sailed on the Sovereign of the Seas and were not the least bit impressed. We were told after we boarded that this was the last cruise for this particular ship (being sold to a private company)... Long story short: There were many public areas(bathrooms) that were absolutely filthy, even before we left the port, The food was mediocre, at best.. not many activities at all, unless you were 18-25. We are mid 50's and very active.. This was a 4 night cruise.. Anyway, I know lots of people that absolutely love cruising and I want to be one of them.. Don't know if my expectations are too high.. Thinking of booking a 5 night western Caribbean on Royal Caribbean for January

That's too bad....our 1st trip was on Sovereign, and we found her to be in great shape....it's actually what hooked us on cruising! Perhaps your sailing being the last trip had something to do with it...I don't know!

Give it another try...and try for a longer cruise. They are usually a bit less "frenzied" than the shorter trips! Try a newer ship...lots to do! We particularly love the Voyager/Freedom class ships.

My husband and I would like to give cruising one more try. 4 years ago we sailed on the Sovereign of the Seas and were not the least bit impressed. We were told after we boarded that this was the last cruise for this particular ship (being sold to a private company)... Long story short: There were many public areas(bathrooms) that were absolutely filthy, even before we left the port, The food was mediocre, at best.. not many activities at all, unless you were 18-25. We are mid 50's and very active.. This was a 4 night cruise.. Anyway, I know lots of people that absolutely love cruising and I want to be one of them.. Don't know if my expectations are too high.. Thinking of booking a 5 night western Caribbean on Royal Caribbean for January

If you are looking at Liberty of the Seas, I'd jump on it. Liberty is one of their top ships and will give you a much better representation of cruising. I had good experienes on Sovereign and her sisterships, but I also had very low expectations, knowing they were the oldest and smallest. I don't have much desire to go on one of them again, but I can't praise the newer ships enough.

That being said, I do love cruising and the feeling of being at sea. Good luck, whatever you chose.

Id suggest Celebrity or Carnival.

I would suggest trying a Radiance Class, they may not have all the bells and whistles of the Voyager or Freedom Class such as the Royal Promenade but the views are great with all the glass. In regards to a Freedom Class, we enjoyed our last cruise on the Liberty and were very impressed by the service, & shows.

Archived